Behind the Mask

Alice Anderson

Now this is rare. I usually wake up before Tyler, and then I going back to snuggling into his masculine warmth. I wonder why he's up and out of the room... I rubbed my eyes and glanced down to see Evan sleeping soundly. He was curled on one side of the bed. There was another blanket and more pillows on the other side, making me wonder if Tyler actually...

No, he likes sleeping next to me. The fact that he hugs me in his sleep is enough proof of that. But I can't ignore the irritating suspicion that my precious Tyler chose this lazy piece of shit instead of me. I really hate Evan. Just the fact that he's closer to Tyler than I am gets me riled up. I want to lock him in a room and do painful and unspeakable things to him until he realizes his place. Oh if only I can... I'd make sure Tyler forgets him. All he needs is me anyway.

If only that were true.

I hopped down and purposefully landed on Evan, causing him to wake up in surprise. I thought it wouldn't work since he's always so hard to wake up, but it seems Tyler isn't the only one acting unusual. He groaned in pain and I smirked at him. "Good morning Evan~"

"Gaaaahh!!!"

His face turned deathly pale before he tried desperately to get away from me. But I wouldn't want any of that. I skilfully hit one of his pressure points, causing temporary paralysis. The training I went through with my Masters was no joke. But although I failed in some aspects of the hell they put me through, I very much excelled in learning about the pressure points. I wanted to use them on Tyler one day, to have him paralyzed and under my complete control. It's just a silly fantasy, I wouldn't really do it. I love Tyler way too much to have him hate me, if he doesn't hate me enough already. Plus, there's always that chance when it becomes permanent paralysis instead of just temporary.

"What did you do to me?" he asked in a strained voice. His eyes were wide with fear while I sat comfortably on his stomach. "Did Tyler sleep next to you or not?"

"What?"

"C'mon, I applied the right amount of pressure to leave your jaw working while the rest of your body's paralyzed. Now talk."

"You're crazy! I can't move! Get off of me! Get off!" he started yelling in panic.

"Fine," I sighed as I went to sit on the side of Ty's bed. "Now talk." He glanced at me warily. His fear and confusion visible in his eyes. "He slept on my bed."

"Why?" I asked.

"He wouldn't tell me the details, but he said he couldn't sleep because of you." My face must've showed my disappointment and pain. Ty was pushing me away. Any further and I'd really have to stop everything. That kiss from the other day meant absolutely nothing to him, but it meant the world to me.

I cursed and started to head for the bathroom when...

"You know you could've just asked me normally," Evan said. "Why do all this?"

I smiled. "Because I hate you."

He didn't seem surprised.

I headed for the bathroom with a sour mood. What happened? Yesterday, Tyler was pretty sweet to me. And he seemed so affectionate too. I knew it wasn't going to last...but for him to actually leave my side at night...

I...

This is why I should stop expecting. It's the reason why I shouldn't get my hopes up.

See.

I should just stop being stupid.

I changed into a baby pink floral dress and combed my hair neatly. Maybe I should get a haircut. People have been saying I'm looking more and more like a barbie doll. I never really cared. I've had this hairstyle for as long as I remember. Should I change it? Would Tyler like...