Where's My Kiss

Tyler Gray

"Tyler... I know I gave you that stress ball to help yourself calm down but... I think I'd like to have it back now," West said, looking at my fist crushing the ball with concern.

"I'm not calm yet," I grunted, squeezing the thing further.

"It doesn't look like you'll ever be," he sighed, extending his hand for the ball. "I'm starting to feel bad for the poor unfortunate thing."

I grudgingly loosened my grip until I've completely released the blue smiley-faced thing, tossing it carelessly at West who caught it with ease. "Why don't you talk about it?"

"There's nothing to talk about," I grumbled.

"Then explain to me why you're in my room sulking like a brat?" he said. Naomi was busy making Nash fall asleep. Evan had long passed out in my room.

And as for Alice...

She was in the guestroom which she had locked on her very first day here this summer. She said she can easily pick a lock because of the Hills Twins.

"What did she do this time?" West asked me.

"Nothing." I didn't even wonder why West knew it was another Alice issue. He once said he can read me like an open book.

"Come on Tyler, just tell me alright?" he said, 

I hesitated. I've always felt most comfortable telling West my troubles, because despite how he loves to tease me and bully me, he was never a bastard about stuff like this.

"She's avoiding me."

West blinked. "Pardon?"

I glared at the floor. "She's avoiding me," I repeated.

"You're serious?" he asked dubiously.

I nodded.

"What did you do this time?"

I frowned at him. "Nothing. She just came back from her walk acting all distant. I mean, I've considered the fact that she might've gotten a little hurt about being left out of the boy talk but that was for Evan. And she knew and understood it. Now I don't know what the hell's going on in her head."

West looked at me thoughtfully. "Have you tried asking?"

"..."

"Thoughts so," he sighed. "Well, if you don't want to ask her then just try getting it out of her another way."

He ruffled my hair and shooed me out of his room. I bumped into Naomi who was walking in the hall sleepily. "Oh, sorry Ty."

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded sleepily. "I'll have to tell West that we can't have sex tonight... I'm too drained."

I just stared at her in awkward silence as she dragged her feet inside the room. I forgot how open Naomi can be, especially when she's half asleep. She once told me about her fantasies about West while she was sleep-talking. I was seven back then. And I had an embarrassing nosebleed from the detailed description of Naomi's unexpectedly perverted mind.

I walked back into my room, opening the door to see Evan's sleeping form on his bed, curled up warmly underneath the blankets. And then there was my own bed, looking like how it usually did until Alice came back to haunt my days. I was now so used to seeing her there on the other side of my bed. The moment I open my door, she would be there, sitting like a pretty barbie doll, smiling brightly the moment her chocolate brown eyes settled on me.