The Beach

Alice

"Tyyyyyyyyyyyyllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!" I whined. Here I was, looking sexy and hot in my pink bikini and Tyler's too busy reading that stupid book again!

"Tyler, at least put the book away for just a second so you could comment on how I look," I whined some more. He sighed and actually put the book down. He gave me a once over look and said, "You look hot."

My heartbeat went racing. I didn't expect him to compliment me so honestly. Now my face was growing hot. I don't know what to do. How do I react to that? If it was someone else who gave me such a compliment, I'd just be myself and say "Of course" or "Why thank you." But I seem to have forgotten how to speak the moment he said I looked hot.

"Tha---"

He's reading again!!!

"Since when were you ever a bookworm!?" I said in irritation.

"He's not," Evan answered for me a little nervously, "but when someone suggests something interesting, and if he likes it, then he won't stop until he's done."

I groaned in irritation. How can you choose a book over me? It reminds me of how I'm never anyone's priority. I'm nothing but a...

You take care of her, I'm busy with my work. I can't take up any more distractions. I already have enough to deal with....

A nuisance.

"Alice."

I blinked in confusion, and was startled to find Tyler's face so close. He was staring at me intently, his emerald gaze giving me goosebumps and causing my entire being to be painfully aware of him. He was wearing nothing but some khaki shorts, leaving his abs in full display. His blond hair was sexily messed up and...

"Hey," Tyler suddenly said, losing patience and stretching my cheeks. "I hate it when you make that face," he said with a frown.

What was he talking about? "What face?"

"Nothing," he sighed. "Anyway, stop bothering me. Go build sand castles with Nash or something," he grunted before lying back down next to Evan who despite his earlier comment about the heat, had already fallen asleep.

"How can you choose spending time with Evan rather than with me," I huffed.

Ever since that certain night where he was almost intimate with me, he hasn't responded very much to my teasing and taunting. It was down right annoying to be ignored. And that's what he's been doing to me since!

Just look at him! He's smoking hot and delicious! I haven't kissed him since...when was it again?

Oh no! This is terrible! I can't even remember the last time I kissed him! I need to kiss him again!

I plopped down next to him and waited for an opening.

"What?" he asked without looking.

"N-nothing," I said looking away. Dammit. It's hard to catch him off guard. 

"Whatever you're planning, just stop it," he muttered. "I will bury your head in the sand if you don't listen to me."

I gulped. Okay, this'll be risky.

"Hey Ty, I just wanted to ask you about..."

"Hmm?" he looked and at that exact moment I seized his lips and ran away laughing triumphantly.

Behind me, I heard Tyler roar my name.

I laughed even more. That's right Tyler. Pay attention to me and only me.