What is Alice to Tyler?

Evan

This has been going on for hours...

"But you promised! I'm already better, now take me to the beach!" Alice whined, restlessly jumping on the bed and shaking Tyler up.

"I don't care," Tyler said as he stubbornly ignored her and continued to suck on a chocolate lollipop.

"Take me to the beach!" Alice demanded, now she was starting to hit his back. It amazed me to see how Tyler never really seemed to have a temper when it came to Alice. I thought it only applied to his family but Alice seems to be someone he holds precious whether he knows it or not.

"I never really said that I wouldn't take you to the beach!" he finally snapped. "But I never said it has to be immediately! We'll go next next week!"

Alice stopped to think about that before resuming her whining, "But that's too long of a wait! I wanna go now!"

Tyler growled. "Fine! Then we'll go next week!"

This seemed to satisfy Alice for she let go of him before pouncing on him, which was rather dangerous since Ty had a lollipop in his mouth. "Hey!" She giggled at his protest and wrapped her arms around his waist, snuggling against his back. To my surprise, Tyler didn't shove her away, he just sighed and continued eating while reading a book entitled Kafka on the Shore.

Honestly, these two are the weirdest couple I've ever met. Oh, Tyler would surely hit me if he heard me refer to them as a couple in contrast to Alice's response which would be to grin maniacally. Seriously, the girl is scary, and I'm not just saying that because I have a phobia.

I've been living with these two for days now, and from what I've observed, they're polar opposites!

Alice is bubbly and playful. She's terribly affectionate and childish espescially towards Tyler. She's as addicted to sweets as Tyler's addicted to chocolate. She's sneaky, clever, and evil.

Alice has been in love with Tyler for years. Although it's quite strange that she doesn't even say "I love you" to him. Sometimes I see her making the saddest expression that seems alien on her face since she's always full of playful smiles and evil grins. And I know Tyler always catches those sad expressions, but chooses to play dumb instead. Anyway, Alice gives off the cheerful, playful, and evil girl who loves Tyler, but there seems to be more behind that smile, although I'm not in any position to find out what lies behind her mask nor do I have any desire to, I know Tyler's the one who'll help her, and she knows that too.

Tyler on the other hand is sharp but dense. He notices things that are hidden but is oblvious to the obvious. He has a short temper and a violent streak. He's the biggest chocolate addict I've ever met and he's straight forward and loyal. Although despite his negative impression, he's actually optimistic and easygoing.

Tyler enjoys fights. He can be quite sadistic and masochistic at the same time. He'll go on a rampage when someone sets him off. You can only imagine why all the students don't wanna go anywhere near him. Our homeroom teachers all wonder why he can act so civilized in class but so wild when in the halls or outside the building. He sent a few students to the hospital and many times he broke his opponents bones or knocked some of their teeth out. I asked his older brother once about his violent tendencies, and West sighed saying that Tyler has always been rebellious even when he was a child. He said Ty runs away with every opportunity he gets and loves saying the word no. But he also said that Tyler was always a kind kid, but there was a misunderstanding back in school that made him act this way.