(EN-)first snow: jake

type: fluff

type: fluff

trigger warning: 0

playlist: snow flower(ft. peakboy) by v of bts

word count: 1.7k words(one thousand seven hundred and fifteen words)

"Just let me work, okay?"

"Huh, you cannot be working more than PDogg PD nim."

Scoffing at what her childhood friend said, Y/N went back to finishing her project. It was a track she was co-producing. Being a producer was not what Y/N wanted to be, but as long as she can be with music, she's happy.

Since she was a 5 year old, Y/N grew up watching idols and singers on TV, which made her fall in love with music and she herself wanted to be a singer. But to her parents and family, it was a stupid pointless dream.

So she self taught herself to produce music, but she did not know that being a law student and a producer at the same time could leave her tired every single day.

On the other hand, her childhood friend Jake became an idol when he and Y/N least expected him to be. She told him to stop meeting her in fear of getting caught by fans, but did he listen? Nope.

This time, Y/N could not even tell him to go away for she was co-producing a track for his group ENHYPEN. She was working on the track Go Big or Go Home(모 아니면 도), which was of disco genre and had a little bit of retro feeling in it. 

 She was at the HYBE building and taking the chance, Jake thought of annoying her a little bit. He was with her at the studio and constantly trying to distract her from her work. She was mouthing the lyrics and adding extra instruments and effects in the song wherever she felt was lacking a little bit.

Jake was cracking jokes and lightly tried to yank Y/N's headphones, and that was when she lost her cool. She shot a murderous glare at him, which scared him a little bit.

"Hey hey don't be mad, I just want you to rest. It's been an hour since you started working, and pay me some attention too."

He pouted, making Y/N look away from him. She did not want her feelings to act up again. And yes, she had feelings for Jake.

Just like every average love story, she fell in love with him during 7th grade. And as kids, Jake did not think much about it when Y/N told him that she loved him. He thought it was a platonic statement close friends said to each other. 

But she felt more than that, she wanted to be more than friends with him. But her fear of him realizing that and rejecting her prevented her to bring it up again. Jake's habit of flirting with her without realizing its effect did not help either.

"Ugh fine."

Y/N kept her headphones down and extended her hands to stretch. She cracked her bones and turned to face Jake. He was looking at her with a wide smile on his face.