(EN-)play with fire: Niki

type: romance; dancer AU

trigger warnings: 0

playlist: Play With Fire(feat. Yacht Money) by Sam Tinnesz

word count: 1k words (one thousand and eighteen words)

"Nishimura Riki this is the fifth time I am going to tell you this week, do not change the choreography to your liking. We have a fixed choreography to work on and Y/N cannot learn a new choreo every day."

I heard our dance mentor K scream on Riki, also known as Niki, for changing the choreography. 

He was the best freestyle dancer in our dance school, and within a week both of us have to practice and present a performance in front of one of the most respectable dancers of Korea. But here is Niki  changing the choreography to his liking whenever he wanted.

I sat on the floor, tired from doing the choreo for the 5th time. We have a specific choreo given to us by K himself but none of us finished doing it fully. 

K took Niki in a specific room to properly make him understand why he cannot change the choreography.

I drowned myself in my own thoughts. It was Son Sungdeuk who would be coming, he is one of Korea's very well known choreographer. 

He has worked with BTS as well. So the performance is going to be a big reason why we must be very careful with the dance. One of us might also get the chance to be trained under him.

Snapping out, I see Niki lowering his head and K behind him with a disappointed face. None of us continued and ended the day. I left the studio first, looking back to see Niki still hanging his head down and sitting on the floor.

After reaching my apartment, I tossed the bag on my couch and entered the bathroom to take a shower. 

As the hot water hit my body, I slowly practiced the choreography and added a few twists to the choreography, but I remembered that I have to stick to the original choreo. But it bugged me to not see the new steps I added.

I dried my hair and looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't want to stick to the choreography. I wanted to experiment. I wanted to express myself more.

Throwing my bag on my back, I ran all the way back to the studio to hear the song being played. Opening the door, I saw Niki, absolutely soaking in sweat, doing his best to practice the choreo as much as possible. 

His face showed how trapped he felt. I wanted him to know that freely expressing him would be a good choice, so I called him.

"Niki kun."

He turned back to see me looking at him with sad eyes. He switched off the music as he slowly approached me. I handed him his towel and water bottle. He wiped himself as he stared at me. I looked up to meet his eyes.