(EN-)when he thinks that you cheated on him: heeseung

type: hurt/comfort(?)

trigger warnings: 0

playlist: gone by rosé

word count: 973 words(nine hundred and seventy nine words)

small chapter but letting you guys know that I'm alive :)

"Baby, why aren't you coming home right now?"

"Ahh Hee baby, I've got some extra work you see. I might be a little late. You can have dinner by yourself, I'll have something at a restaurant. Okay?"

"Okay..."

"Don't be sad baby, I'll be back soon. Take care."

"You too."

Heeseung kept his phone after Y/N cut the call. She has been spending less time with him for a few days. She comes home late and doesn't really spend time with him at home as she works.

Feeling disappointed once more, he decided to call his best friend Jay.

"Hello?"

"Hello Jay ah."

"Ah hyung yes what's up? You called all of a sudden?"

"Nothing, it's just....I think Y/N is cheating on me."

"Y/N? Are you sure hyung?"

"No it's just she's spending less time with me, and I'm kinda suspicious..."

"I think you should think twice hyung, she loves you a lot. All of us have seen how she acts around you."

"Alright, thanks Jay-ah."

Heeseung kept his phone away after ending the call. He thought he was wrong to feel that way, but he missed Y/N's company a lot.

He heated up the rice, dwenjang jjigae(soyabean paste soup) and fish cakes. After his dinner, he lied on his bed and covered himself with his blanket.

The bed felt cold without her presence beside him, even though the blanket was providing heat. Heeseung soon fell into a slumber.

He woke up when he heard the door open. Looking at the clock, he noticed that it was almost 2 am. Her presence made him feel at ease, but he still could not help but doubt where she was at this hour of the day. She noticed him sitting up on the bed.

"Heeseung baby, did I wake you up? I'm so sorry I did not meant to, I was being careful I'm so-"

"It's okay, Y/N-ie. You can freshen up, and then let's sleep together."

"Yes give me a few minutes."

She kept her bag and phone on the bed stand and walked out of the room to take a shower. Heeseung saw a notification pop up on her lockscreen. He forced himself to not check her phone but gave in.

Opening the phone, he opened the chat. It was with a person named Jungwoo, a guy's name. He read the chat.

Jungwoo: 

How does this ring set look like?

Y/N: OMG IT'S PERFECT!!

Jungwoo: Heheh I knew you would like it.

Y/N: This is just perfect our anniversary.

Jungwoo: I know.

Our anniversary.

These two words broke Heeseung on the inside. Y/N has been living a double life? All this time, she lied to him? He couldn't speak, words weren't coming out of his mouth at all.

He switched off the phone and dropped on the bed. Not believing anything anymore, he decided to confront Y/N in the morning.

Pretending to be asleep, Heeseung closed his eyes and turned to face the wall. He soon felt the mattress beside him dip from the weight of his lover who he assumes has been cheating on him. He felt a hand on his waist as she inched closer to his body for warmth. As much as he wanted to push her away, he felt too hurt to even do that.

Y/N woke up to not finding Heeseung beside her. He usually stays until she wakes up. She brushed her teeth and walked in the kitchen to prepare food, but she noticed Heeseung standing there, resting against a counter.

"Good morning, Hee."

"Y/N, I think we need to talk."

"Huh?"

Feeling confused, Y/N walked over to Heeseung. He did not raise his voice, he did not even look up at her. He just spoke.

"For how long are you going to hide this from me, Y/N?"

"Hide what?"

"I thought I could trust you, but you broke my heart? How could you?"

"What did I even do?"

Y/N started panicking. She did not want a misunderstanding between her and Heeseung, she loved him too much and the last thing she'll want is a breakup because of a misunderstanding.

"So how's life with Jungwoo? Did you guys go on dates or something?"

"Jungwoo? Dates? He's my friend!"

"I think you would like to improve your lying skills Y/N, you really liked the ring he chose for your and his anniversary."

"Wait...OH MY GOD HEESEUNG ARE YOU AN IDIOT? IT'S FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY, YOUR AND MINE. HE HELPED ME CHOOSE A RING FOR US, HE KNOWS WE'RE IN A RELATIONSHIP AND OFFERED TO HELP ME."

"Huh?'

"Yes! He has a girlfriend, did you really think I was cheating on you? Pffft-"

At that moment, Heeseung felt stupid. Very stupid. He accused his girlfriend of cheating when all she was doing was choose a ring for his anniversary.

"I-I'm sorry, Y/N. I feel so stupid. I'm so sorry for doubting you."

Y/N held his right hand and closed the distance between them. She held his face in her left hand and made him look up to her.

"It's okay, you were worried that I might've cheated on you or not. I'll never do that, not in a million years. I understand that you might be insecure because of any past experiences, but you're always free to confront me if you feel anything wrong, baby. Now.."

Y/N attached her lips to his and placed a chaste kiss.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Hee."