(EN-)rose tinted dreams: Jay

type: fluff; romance

trigger warning: 0

playlist: double take by dhruv

word count: 1k words(one thousand and ninety one words)

I woke up with the sunlight hitting my face. Opening my eyes, I looked up at the ceiling and then at the clock. 7:24 am. Thinking about laying in the bed for a little longer, I pulled the covers on myself again and turned to my side. 

Jay was sleeping soundly with his mouth open, I could hear his small snores. Finding it cute, I picked up my phone from the nightstand and clicked a few photos of him sleeping. I laughed silently and turned to the other side to keep my phone when a hand snaked on my waist and pulled me back.

"Good morning baby."

"Morning, Jay."

I felt goosebumps rise on my skin after hearing his deep morning voice. I turned back to face him, he looked at me with drowsy eyes. I chuckled at his expression.

"Would you like your morning cola?"

"Nah, it's unhealthy."

"So you finally decided to listen to me?"

"Why shouldn't I listen to the person whom I love the most?"

I blushed and hugged him to hide my face in his hard chest. He laughed loudly and hugged me back. I felt his arms tighten around me.

"Okay baby I guess we need to get up."

"Not yet."

"Y/N baby we cannot stay in the bed all day."

"Of course we can, but you don't agree."

"Aww baby, we'll lie on the bed all day some other day, okay?"

"Mmhmm ehehe."

Jay left me and sat up on the bed. I stretched myself after getting free from his grasp. I flashed him a wide smile before he got off the bed and started to dress up. I hid myself in the covers and peeked out to see him wearing a sweatshirt after taking off the tshirt he wore.

His bare back made me blush and I covered myself fully with the blankets. Soon, I felt two hands pick me up as I squirmed to get out.

"lEt mE gO!"

"Rise and shine, baby."

"oKaY bUt LET ME GO FIRST OMG IT TICKLES, AAAA-"

Jay put me down as I rolled around in the covers before finally getting up. I took his big tshirt and wore it, which ended up just above the knees. Sitting in front of the mirror, I looked at my messy hair and laughed. He stood behind me and hugged me.

I turned back and messed up his freshly combed hair. He then looked at me, pretending to be angry and attacked my hair. We spent a few minutes laughing and messing up our hairs before he stopped and walked out to make breakfast.

I combed my hair real fast, and ran out to brush my teeth. It was the mint toothpaste, which reminded me of the time Jay's colleague Sunoo told him to upload a photo of him eating mint choco ice cream and Jay uploaded a photo of himself holding a chocolate and his toothbrush with the toothpaste.

Almost choking on the foam, I quickly spat it out and washed my mouth. I tip toed myself to the kitchen, seeing Jay standing in front of the stove.

I walked in silence and hugged him from behind, which surprised him so much that he almost dropped the batter for waffles. He turned and looked at me with an "I'm so done" face.

I smiled at him and moved to the second stove to prepare the bacon and eggs. Taking an egg, I cracked it and let it fry while I took two bread slices and applied mayonnaise on it.

After the eggs were fried, I placed them on the bread while I dropped the bacon on the pan. Jay finished making the waffles and was pouring syrup on them. I handed him fruits while stirring the bacon. I placed them on the egg, covered it with another bread and sliced it diagonally into two pieces.

Jay took the milk out and poured it into two glasses, he took the container of coffee and stirred two spoons in each glasses, adding the sugar in mine. I smiled at the fact that he remembered that I don't like my coffee too bitter.

Setting the table quickly, both of us sat down to have our breakfast. I was cutting my waffle into bite sized pieces when Jay started talking.

"We had a morning together after such a long time."

"Yeah, and it was so nice."

He smiled at me.

"I missed waking up next to you. So I decided to go to work late."

"You're an idol, you should not sacrifice your time for me."

"Nu-uh, I'll do anything for my baby."

I blushed and looked down at my food. It was looking so pretty, Jay really pays attention to the decoration. I took another bite of it, still smiling.

"You know, you look so pretty when you're smiling. It's probably the best piece of ornament you can ever wear."

"JAY STOP IT'S LITERALLY 8 IN THE MORNING."

After eating, we cleaned up the table and did the dishes together. Jay got ready to leave for his work, I stayed back to do a little work beforehand before leaving for my workplace.

When Jay was leaving, I stood at the door and saw him wear his shoes. He stood after fixing the shoes and looked at me, giving me a smile. I ran towards him and gave him a big hug. He was surprised but hugged me back. I separated and looked at him with big eyes.

He understood what I wanted, and joined our lips. He guided my lips rhythmically on his, and my heart was pounding so hard, I felt like it was about to come out of my chest.

I pushed him when I was running out of breath. Our chests heaved in and out as we caught our breaths. I fixed his jacket and hair, which got messy because of our little kiss.

"I don't want your group members to tease you all day."

"They don't mind, except Niki. He's the only one single."

"He's young, and is surrounded by his hyungs. You guys probably protect him from girls everywhere."

"I mean, of course we're protective but-"

"Okay no more buts, it's getting late. Come home soon."

"Okay, see you later. I love you."

"Bye. I love you too."