F A K E

Mattheo Riddle

I sat on Aurora's bed with this stupid sloth in my hand. She's right I'm a dick, I mean demanding her to take her pants off? I sounded crazy.

Aurora came out of the bathroom in a towel, she didn't say anything as she walked to her dresser.

"I'm sorry." I said staying on the bed.

"I shouldn't have told you to take your pants off that was weird."

She kept her back to me as she grabbed some sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"It's fine."

"No Aurora it's not fine." I stood up and walked behind her.

"You can talk to me. It actually pisses me off that you don't. You never talk to me, you keep telling me you're fine, you don't let me talk about your nose bleeding and you don't talk about what's going on with your leg. I just want you to talk to me." I said, Aurora turned around facing me.

She scoffed, "I cut my own leg. And it is fine. I'm fine." Aurora walked away from me after her little outburst.

I stayed frozen in place. Why would she do that? sighing I spun around to talk to her.

She was gone, in the bathroom again.

"Are you okay?" I asked, it's a stupid question but she's clearly not ready to talk about why she cut her own leg.

"I said I'm fine." Aurora said from inside of the bathroom.

I don't know what to say. Im not good in these type of situations.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

Aurora opened the bathroom door dressed in baggy clothes. I stepped forward leaning down and wrapping my arms around her waist.

Aurora hugged me back wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I'm sorry. I-I needed it to stop, I couldn't stop thinking about him, h-his hands on me." Aurora cried into my neck.

"It's okay angel don't apologize." I hugged her tightly.

"When I did it, it made me forget about all the other bad stuff he did." Aurora whispered.

"I stopped I was just scared to tell you."

"Why?" I asked pulling back so I could see her.

"I thought you'd be mad."

I wiped away her tears shaking my head, "I'm not mad." I whispered kissing her cheek.

I get it. I've never personally cut myself but self harm isn't something new to me. There are many different things that are considered to be self harm and I understand where she's coming from, it does help. For a second, then you feel guilty. I used to rip open the cuts on my chest that my father gave me, some sick form of punishment I gave myself, it made me forget about all the shitty things too.

"I just want you to know you can talk to me, I'll never judge you for anything. I love you." I hugged her tightly again.

~