1 - Secret Liaison

She only existed in the eyes of him. The eyes that had stolen a glance across the room at her months before at the office party. She'd been alone, and all the while he was in the company of his wife. It had only lasted a matter of seconds, but it was enough to determine the start of something tempting.

And that was how Rose Sullivan now found herself. Stealing glances across the meeting room, taking back roads to meet him for secret rendezvous that were planned accordingly.

They had to be careful, because one false move would mean the news would be all over Newton of how the 'happily' married Assistant DA was screwing the secretary.

After hours were easy enough. Andy Barber could always tell his wife that he was working a big case that needed all the hours under the sun focused on it, when his focus was really on making the woman on his desk cum multiple times in the space of time they'd have before the office closed altogether for the evening.  Then they'd head to their respective homes as though nothing was amiss.

Rose put her headphones in and pulled her hood up. To anyone out there she was just a woman on a leisurely jog for an evening. There was always the risk of meeting familiar faces along the way. But this was just for cover. She knew the back road like the back of her thumb, having taken it so often within the months that this had been going on for.

It was the road to their safe place. Their own little haven where they could just forget about everyone else, tangled up in one another in the backseat of his Audi in some parking lot that had been long forgotten about. But it was the best place to keep their secrets locked within. The office never really provided that much security and there was the chance of being discovered by a cleaner or someone who had returned for something they'd forgot.

Even if Andy's office door was locked. The thrill of being caught was still there.

Rose looked around and over her shoulder, checking that no one was about before veering off and onto a small track that lead out to the back road in question. It was dangerous for a woman to be walking here and at night, Andy didn't like it – however it was the only way of not being seen.

She transferred from walking and into a jog, the further she ran then the closer it was to seeing him. But even when Andy was standing right in front of her, he was so very far out of her reach.

Finally, she came to the place in question, seeing the Audi sat there, lights off. Her breath was taken from her suddenly. The anticipation of knowing he'd soon have his lips on hers being the one thing she was excited about. Sometimes when she'd take him his coffee he'd steal a kiss what would linger on her own all day.

Rose wasn't to know how long all this would last, but she'd take all she could get.

Walking round to the passenger side, she slipped in and onto the seat, looking across at Andy who had been waiting for her as always. "I was beginning to think something had happened." He said, leaning across and cupping her face before his lips brushed over her own.

"I told you I'd come." She broke off a little breathless.

"You're gonna be soon sweetheart." His fingers toyed with her hair. "I feel like I haven't seen you at all this week."

"Well you've been in court most days with the Marsden Case. I just bring you coffee and forward your emails on to you." Rose smirked.

Andy nodded in agreement. "And I'm grateful to you for it."

Rose eyed him knowingly. "Oh really? How grateful are we talking?"

"Get in the back and I'll show you." he half growled, eyes turning a little feral.