Chapter 8 ~ A Visit

Alberto's POV

"That sounds fun" Giulia said enthusiastically.

"Right" I answered unenthusiastically.

"What are you wearing?" she asked.

She continued talking about possible outfits while I blanked out thinking about what was going to happen at this party. What could I even do at this point? Would I ever be able to talk to my best friend ever again? He'd never forgive me.

"Are you even listening" she asked, annoyed.

"No" I bluntly responded.

"Brother of the year" she said sarcastically.

"You know it" I said chuckling and wrapping my arm around her neck.

"We should go ask Papa if we can go" she said, getting up and brushing her hands on her pants.

I followed until we reached the fish cart.

----------------

Luca's POV

I walked out my room into the kitchen where my parents were reading a paper at the table.

"Morning, Champ" my dad said.

"Morning" I answered stretching and quickly retracted my arms, remembering I had bruises all over my rib area.

"Are you ok?" My mom said already standing up.

"Yeah, yeah. What are you guys reading?" I asked avoiding the question.

"An invitation to an event in the town" my grandma answered.

"Cool. Are we going?" I questioned.

"I think it'd be good for us to interact with the humans" my mom said, sounding forced.

"Ok..." 

We all sat down to eat breakfast. It was awkward. More awkward than usual. Nobody was talking. Everyone was looking down at their plate. All that could be heard were utensils clincking when they would touch the plates.

"I'm done, may I be excused?" I uncertainly asked.

Dad nodded. I walked into my room and closed the door. I leaned into the mirror to see my face. My eye was no longer bruised but I still had several scars around my face. I lifted up my shirt with my able arm to see many purple and green bruises all over. I slightly winced as I stupidly tried to touch them.

 I couldn't even remember where I got half my injuries. I was in all this pain and for what? 

"Luca, we need to talk" Mom said, opening my room door.

"Ok. Why?" I said. I quickly started feeling sick, I felt lightheaded and the need to vomit. My head hurt and my body felt hot all over.

"I know you've been sneaking out at night" she said in a disappointed tone.

"Wha-" I said nervously. How did she find out?

"I know I said I wouldn't do this but I think its the best option." she said not being able to look me in the eyes.

"What are you talking about mom?" I said, shaking at that point. I was scared for what she would say next.

"I- I've called your uncle Ugo and-

"No, please mom" my voice started cracking and tears filled my eyes. 

"Just until you have to go to school. It'll be good for you" she put her hand on my shoulder and used her other hand to lift my head up.

"When?" I muttered and sniffled a bit.

"He's coming in about an hour" she uttered.

"AN HOUR?" I shouted.

"But the party and Alberto and Giulia and the town and YOU GUYS" I rambled.

"Luca, calm down honey. I suggest you pack" she said before exiting the room.

I had no choice. I simply packed and swallowed my tears.

---------------

Alberto's POV

"Papa?" Giulia yelled.

"What's the matter, Giuletta?" he responded, frantically.

She handed Massimo the invitation and we waited for his reaction.

"Can we go?" she practically begged.

"You have to help me with the vendita di pesce" he answered.

"YES YES YES" Giulia celebrated.

Massimo chuckled.

"Now go get ready" he scoffed playfully.

I acted excited until I got to my room. 

R u guys going to the party thing -Alberto

yeah -Guido 

I'm helping my grandma so I have to -Ciccio

K me 2 -Alberto

I just sat on my bed and thought about what I should wear. I stood up and looked through my drawers.

45 minutes (and a lot of Giulia's help) later...

I wore a black turtle neck tucked into dark purple pants. On my feet were black high tops. 

"Fresh" I said into my mirror. 

"You're welcome, stupido" Giulia said, adjusting my hair.

Giulia was wearing a white blouse with light pink pants and strappy sandals. She had her hair tied into a bun with a couple of curls hanging out.

"Wait" she said.

She grabbed my face and started drawing on it? Apparently this stuff is called makeup.

"Done." Giulia said proudly.

I looked in the mirror and examined the black powder she put on my eye and the line she drew along it.

"I love it" I said.

"We should get going" she remarked

---------------

Luca's POV

My grandma and dad had gone to the event. I could feel a knot in my throat as I waited in the living room with my suitcase. I heard a knock and I approached the door. 

"I'll get that" my mom quickly swooped in.

She opened the door to an unusual looking man. He was pale, bald and his build was similar to my dad's. 

"So where is the boy?" the strange man said.

"Right over there. Luca your Uncle Ugo is here" my mom said.

"Hi" I said to him.

"We shouldn't waste time. It'll get very dark soon so we better hurry. Let's go" my uncle noted. 

My mom gave me a tight hug.

"I love you" she whispered. She let me go and encouraged me to follow my uncle.

"Bye" 

A/N

It's been FOREVER. I missed writing but a lot of my family was here for the holidays. My story has 5k reads!!! I am so thankful for everyone who reads and comments. Just know the comments mean a lot to me. Many of them help me get through my day. Please vote if you did like the chapter. I've thought about this story for a longggg time and I'm hoping that you guys enjoy it. I have many ideas and plans so stay tuned! As always feedback is greatly appreciated since this is my first story. Tips are encouraged (That sounds wrong 💀💀) Anyways I love you guys and as promised there will be another chapter posted tomorrow.