Chapter 7 ~ The Invitation

Lucas POV

"Alberto pushed me off his tower" I said, shocked by my own words.

"What?" Giulia answered confused and concerned. 

I sat down to process what my mind had just replayed of the night before. It was blurry but clear enough to understand.

"Nothing"

"That wasn't nothing. What did you say?" she asked, worried.

"Just forget about it" I responded.

"No. Repeat what you just said" she insisted.

-----------------

I'd reached the hideout. She wasn't there yet. I felt sick. My eyes were red and swollen but I was still too stunned to cry. I couldn't stop shaking and my empty stomach was restless. I sat on the floor holding the backpack close to my chest and waiting for her to come back.

About 10 minutes had passed. She opened door. 

"Do you have it?" she asked.

I stood up and handed her the necklace and bookbag. 

"Thank you" she said examining the necklace.

I simply nodded.

"Can I go now?" I asked shakily.

"Mhm" she answered without looking up.

I left and headed home. I realized nobody was there.

"Dad? Giulia?" I said, searching the house.

Machiavelli was the only one home. I picked him up and went to the kitchen. I saw a note on the table.

I went fishing. I'll be back before sundown. There's leftovers in the fridge. -Dad (Massimo)

I grabbed the leftovers from the fridge and sat down on the couch. I turned the TV on. One of the soaps that Massimo watched was on.

"You need to tell him the truth, Ana. You're only hurting him more. If you were to be honest with everyone then everything would go back to normal." 

I scoffed and turned off the TV. I walked to my room where I just plopped on my bed. I felt so tired. I stared at the ceiling, All I could feel was defeat and pain. All I wanted at that moment was for Luca to be ok but there was no way of knowing for sure. At least I knew Luca felt the same way, but all of this was too scary. I really liked Luca but I wished I didn't. I wish everything was normal. I wish I was normal.

My swollen, teary eyes started closing as I drifted to sleep.

-----------------

Lucas POV

"This isn't adding up" Giulia said, looking at her white board.

"That's all I remember" I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"The conversation you had before that, were you guys arguing?" she asked.

"I don't think so" I responded.

"Then what happened?" she asked once again.

"If I knew I would've told you the 3 times you asked before" I answered.

"Look who has an attitude now" she said.

"He found me in the tower, we talked, I ended up on the floor. That's all I remember" I stated.

"How are you certain that he was the on that pushed you? You could've fallen or someone else could've pushed you" she proposed.

"Right" I said, replaying the night in my head.

"I could just ask him" Giulia said, turning around to face me.

"Oh, yeah" 

-----------------

Alberto's POV

I woke up to knocking at my bedroom door.

"Who?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Me" Giulia answered.

"Oh, come in" I said sitting up.

"What's wrong with your eyes?" she asked.

"I'm just tired. What's up?" I responded.

"I just wanted to know what happened between you and Luca yesterday" she said.

I immediately woke up.

"What? Why? Did he tell you something?" I asked frantically.

"No. No. That's why I'm asking you" she stated.

"Oh. Well I saw him in the tower, we discussed stuff and then I didn't see him." I answered dryly.

"What exactly did you discuss?" she questioned, staring at me.

"Stuff" I said.

"Wow how useful" she mumbled.

"If you're not gonna tell me more information then I guess I'll leave you alone" she said jokingly.

"That'd be nice" I chuckled.

"Oh Giulia. Thank you for being there for Luca. And for me of course. I appreciate it." I said.

"That's just what sisters do" she said, smiling before leaving my room.

----------------

It was the next morning and we'd already eaten breakfast.

"Giulia and I are gonna go make morning deliveries" I shouted across the house.

"Ok" Massimo answered back.

We headed out with the fish and a list of our customers. Giulia was driving and I was in the back and in charge of handing out the fish. 

"Signora Agosti, your fish" I said knocking.

"Grazie, Alberto. Grazie, Giulia" she said. I walked away and Giulia waved at her.

We finished all of our deliveries around the neighborhood so we decided to go to the boat dock just to wet our feet. There were so many children there and now sea monsters played along with humans. Obviously not everyone immediately accepted us but we're making progress. The town looked so much more beautiful with everyone around.

We spotted a small boy on a bicycle passing out what seemed to be invitations. He had a big box full of them, enough to give to the entire town. He passed by us and gave us a card. Giulia opened it.

"All residents of Portorosso are invited to this evening's celebration hosted by me and my family. There will be food and beverages. Come in proper attire. 

                                                                                                                                 ~Rosa Leone

A/N

I think its important to mention that I was listening to CPR by cupcakke while writing this. Soooo what do y'll think? As always tysm for the support and patience. This story has 4k reads and thats so crazy and unbelievable to me. This has been a huge comfort for me so being able to share this with other people is amazing. Y'all are great and just the sweetest ppl ever. I'd love feedback on this story. Please be honest- this is my first story.

Lmk what y'all though abt Ciao Alberto. I'm still crying 😜 no joke. Tell me what you guys think is gonna happen in the sequel. Yes im manifesting it.

And I have a friend group now #materialgworl