Chapter 5 ~ A Lot

Alberto's POV

I walked home after she gave me very specific instructions on how to get here and back.

I couldn't talk to Luca. No talking, letters, messages- nothing. I had been apart from him before but I couldn't even send letters this time. He probably thought I was making fun of him by not showing up and now I couldn't even explain myself. 

I was so spaced out that I didn't notice it was this late. I opened the front door and looked at the clock. It was 3:42 AM. I walked to my room and then the bathroom so I could at least compose myself. I walked in front of the mirror and saw I had a bruise on the side of my head where I suppose she hit my head to knock me out. I washed my face so I wouldn't look as dead. I sighed and walked back to my room. 

"YOU BETTER EXPLAIN YOURSELF" Giulia said busting into my room.

"I-"

"HE WAITED 2 HOURS FOR YOU JUST TO GET BEAT UP" she continued.

"What? Who beat him up? Is he ok?" I asked feeling worried and guilty.

"Well he wouldn't tell me anything" she answered.

"I'm sorry" I said, looking down keeping in my tears.

"I just didn't have the courage to tell Luca that I-" I choked up, I could feel tears forming in my eyes "that I don't like him that way." 

I cleared my throat.

"Can I sleep now? I have work in the morning" I asked.

"You better make it up to him. Good night" she said before leaving.

I wiped the puddles that had formed on my eyes and sunk into my bed.

------------------

I woke up about 3 hours later to the sound of my alarm, remembering I had to go to work. I was exhausted. I got ready and headed out to the shore where I would be lifeguarding. I still didn't feel fully conscious and I had a raging headache.

I made it to the shore and just lied on the sand. I'd hear if someone was drowning so it was ok.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw two figures standing over me. I quickly sat up and looked back to see who it was. It was Guido and Ciccio.

"Are you ok?" Guido asked looking confused.

"You haven't answered any of our texts" Ciccio said.

"Yeah I'm fine I guess I just lost my phone" I said, realizing I hadn't seen it.

"So how'd everything go?" Ciccio asked, sitting next to me. Guido followed.

"I didn't go" I muttered.

Guido and Ciccio looked at each other confused. 

"Something came up" I said, still quiet.

We sat in silence for about a minute before Ciccio offered us sandwiches from his nonna's bakery.

"Thanks" I said before grabbing it and taking a bite.

------------------

My shift finally finished and I went to my tower. I needed to feel comfortable. 

I climbed inside my tower and just collapsed. I couldn't stop crying. I had put me and my favorite people in danger because I wanted to go against the rules. How could I be so stupid to think that being myself wouldn't have consequences. I hurt Luca. I broke his heart and let him get beat up. I'm the only one to blame. That blonde haired bitch is just taking advantage of the situation. And I can't even tell anyone. This is great. Just great.

I wiped up my tears after having my tantrum and walked over to the roof. I was in shock as I saw Luca sitting on the edge looking at the sky.

"Luca?"

"Alberto" he said turning around, surprised.

"What are you doing here? That's not important. I-I'm sorry. I just couldn't tell you that I don't feel the same way." I said, unable to look him in the eyes and my voice cracking.

"I was just checking to see if you'd come back. It's whatever" Luca said obviously hurt.

I remembered I wasn't supposed to be talking to him because who know what could happen.

"I'm sorry but I have to go" I said reluctantly.

"I understand you not wanting to be around me anymore" he said, holding in sobs.

"No, it's not that I promise. I love being around you" I said accidentally.

"No, I don't" I quickly took back.

"That's not what I mean" I finally got out.

"I-"

"Who am I kidding" I said walking toward him.

I sat next to him on the edge of the roof, facing the opposite way. I cupped his face in my hands and adjusted it so he was looking at me. "I like you, like a lot" I said before pressing my lips against his. He grabbed the back of my head, pulling me closer and deepening the kiss. Words could barely describe how I felt this moment. We pulled apart and I gave off the cheesiest smile.

"I like you a lot, too" he said slightly chuckling.

"Listen, this was amazing. It's what I've always wanted but this can't happen ever again. No one can find out about this. About us, ok?" I said, hoping he'd understand.

"Why Alberto? I understand if you don't want to come out yet but we can do this in secret" he said.

"No, it's not about that. Very bad things can happen if anyone find out" I explained.

"Just please. You have to leave I don't want anything to happen to you" I begged.

"Fine but help me down" he said.

I went inside to see what i could use to get him down when I heard someone yelling and short after a sound of something hitting the ground. I ran outside to see what it was and I didn't see Luca on the roof anymore. I rushed to the ground where I saw Luca in pain, unable to get up. I ran to help him when she stopped me.

A/N

Sup. I'm so sorry for taking sooooo damn long to update but I just hadn't been feeling it until rn at 5 am on a school night  😜 but anything for my mentally unstable queer besties. I noticed my story had 2k reads and I truly cant believe it tysm everyone for all the support, love and comments this story gets. Y'all keep me going fr. As always feedback is encouraged, tips would be great and funny comments are mandatory. Alr have a great day yall <3  Ciao Alberto: 38 days left