CHAPTER FIVE ⎯ THE GALA.

We were at the gala now

We were at the gala now. Well — Outside at least.

Coming out of the bathroom was the hardest part of my day, though. When me and Five were alone and waiting for Diego to change (Lila was somewhere else), he noticed my extra strap under my dress. He asked me what it was. 

I gave him a bland look and he understood. He blushed immediately afterwards and looked down the floor. 

Five remained in his school boy shorts and cute lil blazers. 

We hid behind a few rocks for a while now (At the Gala). The crowd started clearing, signaling that we should go inside. 

We ran out of our hiding spots and hid behind a car. 

"So, what's the plan?" Lila asked as we hid behind the car. "We infiltrate, we identify, we extract. Double time." Diego said confusingly. "What the hell's he talking about?" Lila asked. "Find the old man and get out fast." I said. "That's what I said." Diego said, sounding sort of pissed. 

"On me." Diego said while running to the next car. "After you." Lila said politely. But all Five did was stare at Lila angrily. "What, I can't be polite?" She asked confusedly. He continued to stare daggers at her.

"Cut the crap. All right? My dimwitted brother might buy your bullshit, but I don't trust you for a second." Five said angrily. "O ye of little faith." Lila challenged. "Stick it up your ass." 

Lila walked away. Before Five could follow behind her, I grabbed Five's blazer and pulled him back. 

"What was that all about?" I asked angrily. "What!? I was just saying that truth" He said. "The Diego part, I meant. What did you mean?" I asked. "What! They literally—" He all of sudden stopped. "Right. You were knocked out" He sighed. 

"What happened when I was knocked out?" I asked. 

"Diego and Lila had sex and it was so loud 

I blinked him before laughing a little. "You're joking right?" I laughed. But Five's firm lips stayed the same. 

What.

Did they? How come no one told me? How could I lead myself? 

I looked at the floor. "You okay?" Five asked. "Yeah, I guess" I replied quietly. Five wasn't buying it, "I know you're sad, what's wrong?" Five asked. "I liked Lila" I confessed. "You liked her?" Five repeated. "Yeah, she was pretty and nice and now that I know that Diego and Lila are 'together', I should should shut myself up. I'm not mad or anything. Just kinda sad. And I'm happy that Diego is meeting new people" I smiled at the end. 

"Oh" Was all he said. There was a brief silence. "Let's go" He said. I nodded and walked after him. 

Why did I even think anyone liked me.