Home Again

27- Home Again

Pan glanced around the apartment with sad eyes. It had never been home, but it had been a comforting place that she and Trunks had spent a good part of a year living in. Their belongings had been packed up into capsules, including the ship. Their apartment now looked scarce.

Perse and Hade had come down earlier to say their goodbyes. Both of them were sad to see them go but happy that they would finally be returning home. They had asked for Pan and Trunks to return sometime for a visit after the baby was born.

Now, it was just Trunks and Pan as they waited for their fathers to pick them up. Pan was fretting with nerves. Although they talked to their families daily through the communicator, it had been so long since they had seen each other face-to-face.

"Panna," Trunks placed a kiss on the top of her head. "It's going to be alright," he promised her.

"I know," she admitted. "I'm so excited to see them again, but nervous at the same time. I guess it's my pregnancy hormones running wild."

"No, I think it's just normal nerves," Trunks shook his head. "I feel the same way."

A familiar tingle ran down Pan's back. She barely had time to gasp before Goku and Vegeta appeared out of the air and in front of them!

"Papa!" Pan could feel her voice trembling as she looked at him.

Goku smiled brightly and rushed forward. "Panny!" He grabbed her, and being careful of her stomach, he hugged her tightly.

Through Pan's tears, she could see Vegeta grabbing Trunks into a hug. She closed her eyes tightly as she hugged her Papa back. For so long, she had dreamed of seeing him again.

"Papa, I'm so sorry!" Pan sobbed as she clutched the back of his gi.

"Panny, don't be sorry," Goku said as he stroked her hair. "It's not your fault."

"But you died because of me!" She hiccuped.

Goku grabbed Pan's shoulders and leaned her back. He smiled softly as he wiped away her tears. "I'm your Papa," he said. "Protecting you will always be my main priority. I'd do anything for you and your brothers. It's what parents do." His smile widened, "I bet you already feel the same way about yours, don't you?"

Pan sniffed and nodded her head quickly. Her Papa was right, of course. She would do anything for her child. "I've missed you, Papa."

"I've missed you too," he said. "I've missed the both of you -" he glanced at Trunks and smiled widely. "Thanks for taking such good care of her, Trunks. I knew she would be in good hands."

Trunks looked at Pan and smiled softly, "we've taken care of each other."

"Are you two ready?" Vegeta asked. "Is everything packed up?"

"Wait!" Pan said. She walked over to the window and picked up the plant to show her Papa. "Trunks and I found this jade plant in your room on the ship."

"Wow!" Goku gasped. "Look at it! It's thriving!"

"Panna's been taking very good care of it," Trunks smiled proudly. "Here, I'll hold it for you." He took the plant and nestled it into the crook of one of his arms, and with his free hand, he reached down and grabbed Pan's hand. "We're ready."

Goku smiled as he walked over and grabbed Pan's other hand. Vegeta walked over and held Trunks' shoulder. Pan squeezed Trunks' hand tightly - they were going home!

"Everyone, hold on!" Goku said with a laugh as he raised his fingers.

Trunks squeezed Pan's hand back in return. She held her breath as her body began to tingle, and then with a pop, they were gone.