Family

25- Family

Pan woke up with a small yawn. She rubbed her eyes with one hand as she used her other arm to help her sit up. Trunks was already awake and out of bed, but she wasn't surprised. He always woke up before her. With a small grunt, Pan got out of the bed and wobbled to the bathroom.

Ten minutes later, after washing her face and brushing her teeth, Pan walked into the kitchen. Trunks was leaning against the counter with his arms crossed over his chest. His brows were furrowed in thought, and he seemed to be pouting.

Pan smiled as she walked over to him. "What has you so deep in thought this early in the morning?"

Trunks' eyes widened as he noticed her, and he smiled brightly. "Panna!" He cupped her face and gave her a fierce kiss.

Pan blinked in a daze as they pulled away. "Good morning to you too," she smiled.

Trunks was beaming at her, and somehow she knew what it was that made him so happy. "Did Namek contact us?!" She asked in excitement.

"No, not them. Someone even better," Trunks said. "You might want to sit down for this," he said as he motioned towards their small table.

Pan gave him a curious look. She wasn't sure what could be better than Namek contacting them. She sat down slowly, and Trunks took the seat beside her. He looked excited as he took her hand and held it.

"Last night, I got up to check on the ship, and the light was flashing green."

"I thought you said that Namek didn't contact us?" Pan furrowed her brows together.

"It wasn't them," Trunks shook his head. He took a deep breath. "Panna, it was my parents." Pan's eyes widened in shock, and Trunks continued in a gentle voice. "The earth was never destroyed, and our families are alive. They've been looking for us."

Pan could feel her body shaking as she clutched Trunks' hand tighter. "W-what?" Her voice was shaking. "How?"

Trunks told her what his parents had told him. Piccolo had found a way to destroy the Black-Star Dragon Balls and save the earth. They had tried to find them but couldn't because of the time-loop they were in. Kibito Kai offered to help by contacting them. When they finally broke free of the time-loop, they were too far from the earth and too lost in space for Kibito Kai to teach them. Their families had thought they were dead, so they collected the Dragon Balls and wished them back to life, and the only one who returned was her Papa. He was alive again! Her Papa and Vegeta searched all the planets they had previously visited during their mission. Bulma had said that the chip from Capsule Corp linked with her system. As soon as Trunks turned on the ship with the chip inside it, Bulma pinged their signal.

"Mom's locating Kore now," Trunks continued, "and then our fathers can come to get us and take us home."

"It's not a dream, is it?" Pan asked.

"No," Trunks reached up and wiped her tears. "It's not a dream, Panna. Mom said Goku and Chi-Chi come over every day to see if there's been any news about us. They'll want to see you and talk to you."

Pan's shoulders shook. "They're alive." She couldn't believe it. "I didn't - I didn't kill them," she sobbed. "They were alive this whole time!"

"Panna!" Trunks pulled her against his chest and held her tight. "What happened was not your fault," he told her, not for the first time.

Even if Trunks didn't blame her for what happened, Pan had always felt responsible. She had carried the guilt of destroying the earth, killing their families, and ruining the mission.