Burden

8- Burden

Trunks stared at the monitor in disbelief. The screen was blinking, showing that a Dragon Ball had been located only two thousand miles away on a nearby planet. It would take them less than thirty minutes to reach it.

It had only been a week and a half since they managed to grab the last Dragon Ball. Trunks couldn't believe another one popped up soon, though he was pleased. Maybe the Kais were watching over them.

Goku was standing beside Trunks, grinning. "We're already on our fourth Dragon Ball, and it's only been five months. If we keep this up, we'll be home in no time!"

"Yeah," Trunks smiled.

"We've got to tell Panny," Goku said as he rushed out of the room.

Trunks chuckled and followed after Goku. The last time Trunks had checked, Pan had been sleeping. He'd let Goku wake her up if she still was since she was cranky when woken up.

Thankfully, Pan was awake, though she looked groggy and grumpy as she walked towards the couch in the small living room. Trunks frowned as he watched her. She had been unusually quiet for the last several days. She looked paler than usual too. Dark circles were apparent under her eyes.

"Panny, guess what?!"

Pan raised her eyebrows as she looked between them. "I didn't do it," she said.

"No one said you did anything," Trunks frowned. "But you saying that makes you suspicious."

Pan stuck her tongue out at him in a childish way, and Trunks chuckled.

"A Dragon Ball has been detected!" Goku beamed.

"Really?" Pan's eyes widened. "So soon?"

"Uh-huh!" We'll be arriving in about thirty minutes, so better go get ready."

Pan frowned slightly, and Trunks looked at her curiously. What was wrong with her? Usually, she'd be bursting with excitement.

"I think I'll set this one out," Pan said softly.

Trunks' eyes widened in surprise as Goku gasped. "What? Why, Panny? It's a Dragon Ball!"

"I know," Pan mumbled, her cheeks growing a light shade of pink. "I'm -" she sighed, "I'm dealing with some female stuff at the moment."

Trunks' eyes widened in realization. That definitely explained Pan's recent behavior. He could sense that this was a subject she didn't want to discuss openly, at least not with him around, and he didn't blame her.

"Well -" Trunks cleared his throat. "I'll go make sure the ship is still headed towards the planet," he said before rushing to the control room.

Trunks sat down in the pilot seat with a sigh. Strangely, he felt relieved that the only thing troubling Pan was just her period and nothing serious. For a minute, he had been worried that the cut she had received from Gog was still bothering her. She had told him and Goku it was healing just fine, though.

Trunks shook his head as he focused on the screen in front of him. The planet they were landing on was called Ceres. It was a jungle-like planet, and as far as the ship could detect - it was only inhabited by animals, no other alien life forces. The air would be muggy and mild, but Trunks hoped that the Dragon Ball would be an easy grab.

Goku walked back into the control room, a frown on his face. "Panny is resting on the couch. I hope she feels better soon."

"I'm sure she will," Trunks said. "Let her rest while we get the Dragon Ball. She'll be back to her old self in no time."