CHAPTER 30: SURPRISE

It's been two weeks since the vacation started, Martin and I haven't seen each other for also two weeks

It's been two weeks since the vacation started, Martin and I haven't seen each other for also two weeks. His family went home to Palawan since his dad's family is based there. Martin and I only communicated through text message and call so far. Every night, we always call each other and we even reach 3 am when we talk on the phone.

Unlimited calls and texts are enough!

He talks a lot about his relatives in Palawan, about their food, and what they do every day. Like when they go Island hopping, bathing in the sea, fishing, and the food they cook. Those kinds of seafood are delicious that makes me crave! He seems not to run out of stories that can really get rid of my boredom here at home.

He also told me that his other relatives wanted to meet me, they said they would have taken me with them. As if my dad will allow me, he is kind of stern when it comes to a sleepover. I remember when Martin's graduation ended late that I was supposed to sleep with them, we were already asleep then, but my dad sent my cousin to take me home

Geez! I get annoyed every time I remember that! If only they could have brought me there but that's impossible to happen my dad won't allow that...

But I hope someday I can be with Martin in Palawan; I hope I can also meet his other relatives. And I hope dad will concede.

We were in the middle of Martin talking on the phone when my sister come up to me. She's Ate Stella, from Vigan she just came home for a vacation here. Yes, she came home here but she will also return to Ilocos after the vacation.

I rarely get to be with her because she's staying with our aunt but she's my mom's favorite she's most of all. Most beautiful, most intelligent, most reliable the beauty and brainy that you can declare something like that...

I was still in grade five when Ate Stella and I last met after she graduated from her 4th year at McKinley High School, she went home to Vigan to go to college because our aunt was the one providing for her studying.

Everyone likes her, she's everyone's favorite. But there's no issue with us, so far...we're okay even now we're together again...

She also has a boyfriend so, I can relate when she talks about her life there in Vigan and I'm even captivated by her stories to me about her boyfriend, Kuya Geoff. He is also handsome and looks kind.

Our dad also knows him because when he goes to Ate Stella in Vigan, she introduced her boyfriend to our dad. Kuya Geoff's dad and our dad were both in the Military, they were together then.

"Laine?" she tapped my shoulder, "Can I borrow your phone? I'll just call your Kuya Geoff. He's not answering my messages It's annoying because he didn't say that he left with his friends. That's absurd!"

My lips parted when I saw the expression on her face and her nose seemed to be smoky in annoyance with her boyfriend. It's an inconvenience that I'm still talking to Martin, but because her nose is hazy, I will lend her my phone.