CHAPTER 13: BREATHLESS

I don't really know what I'm going to do now.  I was dumbfounded and at the same time starstruck by him. Am I dreaming? Martin of IV-Mabini is in front of me?

And is he in our classroom? Is it really serious? Can someone pinch me so hard?  Because I really can't believe it?! Still, I was mesmerized by him.

In just one smile of him, I think I died.

How did he happen to be here? Why did the two of them and Louis be together? Hey, please someone explain that.

I was lost in the thought of these things. I just really don't know how it comes. The fact that Martin is in front of me, closer now than in the days when I only bumped him in the hallway.

So, what do you think I may feel?

I feel nervous, shy, blissful, puzzled, and at the same time electrified.

Then suddenly, Louis slightly nudged me. "Earth to, Laine? You're spacing out. He might melt under your gaze," he grinned. I glance at him and rolled my eyes.

He held out his hand."Hi, so you are Laine? It's nice to finally know you," Martin states getting my attention.

I turned my gaze to him nodding and shyly to reach out his hand that I felt was bigger than mine.

Finally!

My long-awaited chance has happened. He even took my hand, he held out his hand. I held the hand of 'my crush'.

Oh, take me, Lord!

Did I hear right? He's glad that he's finally gotten to know me? Oh, shocks! And that's it, the three of us stayed in the classroom.

Martin and Louis were talking about sports, so, I just listened to them as I sat and watched them both. Especially him, Martin! It only happens once so; I have to make the most of it. Maybe it won't happen again.

Who would have thought that your ultimate crush would be with you in a room? I never expect to. Thanks so much, Louis!

Martin suddenly moved to a seat near me, because I am in front of the fan.
He is so hot! I mean the weather that's why I sat near the fan. I became even more uneasy with him being so close to me.

Whew!

And now we are so close to each other that I can inhale his fragrant perfume, I smell his scent balmy. He smells so good.

I think I'm addicted to the smell of him, though this is not the first time that I smelled his perfume, right? I might miss the smell of him. We are talking about anything school, booths, and pageants. And yeah, they never opened the party booth again. They're absolutely great!

Aren't they?

"By the way, congrats, bro! I heard that you won 1st place in the pageant earlier," Louis suddenly said to him.

He smiled and scratched his nape. "Yeah, thank you, bro. It's just a coincidence. But it's just a bit of luck. And I know other candidates deserve to win more than me," he said humbly.

I swiftly smiled because he was kind and humble.

Louis shook his head immediately. "No, it's not, I heard the students say that you were good at the talent portion earlier. You deserve that, bro to win. Isn't it Laine?" he turned to me, and winked I looked at him in shock so, I simply nudged him.

I nodded and looked at Martin. "Y-yeah, you were good. I'd watched your performance earlier. There's a lot who admire you and countless cheered you," I smiled in response.