CHAPTER 17: PASSIONATE KISS

Being in a relationship you should support each other. Because not in all cases relationship has a pure pleasure. Sometimes your partner will feel or experience a problem either because of school, friends, or family. You should always be behind him/her. He/she always got your back and is ready to help no matter what.

That is a relationship that is not just about pleasure, you should comfort each other, whether happy or sad. You can't just give up on someone because the situation is not ideal.

Great relationships aren't great because they don't have problems. They are great because both people care enough about each other to find a way to make it work.

That's Martin's situation now, he fought with his sister and mom. I don't know the exact reason. But he looked so down now. I am not good at advising people.

But I want him to feel that I am here to help and comfort him. I want him to feel that he can lean on me if he needs to.

Martin decided not to go home just for one night because he was so upset. Me as his girlfriend, I don't want him to go anywhere. I want him safe. So, I thought I'd just let him stay at our house to spend a night.

But I didn't know how to tell to my parents. How can I let them know that if my boyfriend can spend the night with us for a night because they had a fight at their house and he was upset?

I don't know!

Gosh, please help me!

So, as we arrived at our house I officially introduced Martin to my parents as my boyfriend. Although mom already knew that but my dad doesn't know yet. Of course, he was shocked!

I immediately told my mom about Martin's situation today, and I asked permission if he could spend the night with us. She was fine with that, but she said that we need to let inform dad first if he would agree. But I told her that maybe after dinner she would tell dad.

I'm indeed nervous!

As we ate, we were all quiet, only the noise of cutlery could be heard in our dining not until my dad suddenly asked Martin;

He cleared his throat first. "Martin right? So how old are you? What year are you now in high school? How did you meet my daughter?" dad asked him after one another, Martin looked tense because dad looks serious and his gaze made him nervous.

Of course, he used to be in the Military so that's really how strict he is. All my siblings were afraid of him.

Martin gulped before he responded. "I'm a 4th-year student now, sir, we go to the same campus. Uhm... Laine's friend introduced me to her during our intramurals." he replied  nervously.

He nodded a few times. "How long have you two been in a relationship? Are you serious about my daughter? Because if not? You should stop this early. She's my youngest daughter and I don't want her to get hurt," he said directly.

I rolled my eyes and interfere with their conversation. " Pa, stop that!" I said in irritation.

Then Martin squeezed my hand. "It's okay, love," he whispered at me. Then, he cleared his throat and look at my Dad again before he answers him. "Uhm, we are only one month away, sir. Yes, sir I am very serious to your daughter and I promise that I will never hurt her feelings...and I won't court her if I'm not serious with her in the first place, sir," his bold answer.

I suddenly felt glad, when I heard Martin's answer to dad's questions. That he won't hurt me he won't hurt my feelings. This is how it feels that someone loves you, and I'm proud of him because even if my dad is frightened to talk to, he can handle it.