CHAPTER 28: AFRAID OF BEING HURT

"Seriously?!" Cherry shouted wide eye open

"Seriously?!" Cherry shouted wide eye open. I immediately gestured to her not to make too much noise.

"Hmm...yeah, Louis and I broke up a few days ago," Missy hesitated to answer. I looked at her in astonishment.

"And then—Jasper is your boyfriend now?!" Chelle retorted, Missy just nodded obviously that she was trying to avoid the topic.

"How's Louis?" I can't stop asking her. I feel sad for him, Louis is a nice guy. How is he? He loves Missy and then that's what happened to them...

Missy shook her head and gave us a small smile. "Were not on good terms. Actually, we are not talking anymore."

Cherry and Chelle sighed deeply, I just nodded at Missy didn't say anything, and peeked at Louis that is currently sitting on his chair. He looks in pain at the same time looks furious. Is that how you can see the hatred in his eyes.

At first, Chelle and Nick split up, now Missy and Louis, I'm afraid what happened to them will happen to me. Is this what real love brings us? We will be happy for a while then we will be hurt.

Does everyone really contented at the start, but in the end heartache and misery will it take? I am afraid to get to the point where I was in Louis's position.

I am afraid of being hurt...

But I understood my friends in their decisions. I know they have reasons why they prefer to just end the relationship they have. Because we all have our own decision when it comes to these things.

And we shouldn't judge easily especially if we don't know the whole story. Maybe they're just not really for each other.

Perhaps not all First Love will end with a happy endgame...

But still, I'm afraid, I hope what happened to them will never happen to Martin and me. I may not be able to handle it. He is my first love...

It's our lunch break, I was just sitting in my chair listening to a piece of music on my MP3. Martin didn't come this afternoon for the reason that he is finishing a project on one of their subjects.

Then, Cherry approached me with a silly smile on her face. Then she removed the earphones from my left ear.

"Laine, guess what?! Today's trend is to break up with their partner so, you better be careful Martin and you might next with Missy and Louis," she whispered then she chuckled like a crazy witch.

My eyes widened at what she said and I instantly hit her on the arm.

"Cherry! Don't say that!" I glared at her.

"I'm just kidding! You're too serious," she giggled.

"You know what? It's not because Missy, Louis, Chelle, and Nick broke up the same will happen to Martin and me. If you and your partner really love each other, you won't let your relationship come apart at the seams," I calmly answered her.