CHAPTER 29: GRADUATION

LALAINE'S POV

LALAINE'S POV

"1,2,3 say cheese!" then, the camera flashed. "Okay, now closer. Wow! You all have a nice smile. Perfect!" Martin's aunt, Tita Lhen said happily as she took a picture of us with the film camera in their living room.

"Take one more of us. Laine, come here next to me," his mom said pointing to her side.

I immediately approached her to get us a new angle of the photo. Martin was next to his dad with his sister Rose.

When the five of us finished taking a photo, Martin and I will be next taking shots. I can't even count how many photos his aunt took with us. Maybe the camera film won't run out right away.

"Oh, you two, Martin and Laine I'll take a photo of you. Wow, my nephew is very handsome and your girlfriend is such beautiful!" Tita Lhen said happily we just both laughed at what she said.

It took many shots with us before Martin's mom stopped her because she never stopped taking a picture with Martin and me.

"That's enough, we might be late for Martin's graduation," Martin's mom scolded, laughing, her sister stopped taking the photo.

This is it, this is really, is it?

Today is Martin's graduation. I'm here at their house at the moment because he told me to come here first before we went to his graduation event. I am really happy for him because he will finally go to college, he will get the course he wants, and he will gradually reach his dream.

Yes, there is something inside me that is a bit unhappy that the truth is that he will graduate now. Of course, we might be no longer together often and

I am afraid that we might be like the relationship of my friends who broke up which is I don't want to happen with us. My mind hovered again, but I quickly stopped it so Martin wouldn't notice it.

When we arrived at the event, he had to separate from us first to line up with his classmates for their march. We also looked for our seats, the graduation design is classy you can see that they prepared for this event.

A bunch of beautiful flowers surrounds the isle that the graduates will pass by, as well as the stage with more balloons.

There are numerous graduates of this batch, and I can trace their expression of desire on the fact that also has a little sadness. Probably because they are about to leave this campus that will also become a part of their lives for four years.

Because when they go to college, they will go through another stage of their journey. Some of them will still be with them but others will not anymore. Since they are not the same as the university they will attend and the course they will take.

The ceremony began with the graduates marching to their seats. Followed by the opening prayer, singing the National Anthem, our campus hymn, and giving messages by guest speakers to all the graduates, and also, a long salutation message from our principal.