Chapter 3 - DADA

I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians Rick Riordan does and J.K Rowling owns Harry potter. Ok you want to know why I have trouble updating my newer story’s it’s because I try and make them the best I can be and there are so many bad Harry potter and Percy Jackson crossovers out there that if there is even one thing that is bad in my writing I delete the whole thing cause I feel like you all will hate it…..Anyway since nobody is probably reading this authors note, without further ado The boy in the shadows. BTW if you have any questions pm me or post it on my wall I’ll try and answer it ASAP.

The Boy in the Shadows

Harry’s pov

             Okay, I’ll admit it I think I may have overreacted at the arrival of the new kid…well he’s almost an adult. To be truthful he’s actually quite nice. After dinner the twins brought him back to the common room and to be frank I was a little scared they all had this weird glint in their eye. It was the look of when Fred and George had a crazy idea that was going to harm the school in some way or another. This is how the night went.

(When slanted means that in a flashback or memory whatever word floats your boat and um well this is my first flash back so try not to flame)

Flashback

Ron and I were into a game of chess by the fire, we were sitting in the chairs closest to the fire and Hermione was leaning against my chair knitting away furiously. She was using a sea green ball of yarn; it sort of reminded me of the new kids eyes. It was a brisk and cool night the windows in the common room were opened slightly giving us fresh air but not too much to make us cold.

The common room was only half full but had a group of girls chattering loudly and blushing in the far right hand corner. I didn’t really care what they were talking about but every once and a while Hermione would scowl so I could tell she was listening.

When suddenly the painting swung open and I could hear the Twins loud laughs   as they entered their arms around the new kids shoulders. Lee Jordan was clutching his stomach as Percy shook his head grinning. All of a sudden the girls in the corner grew quiet as they watched Percy. I rolled my eyes, and made my move on the chess board

“Pawn to E 4” I called as my piece moved across the board. Ron grinned

“And check mate…..mate” He called as he made the final move instantly trapping my king. I sighed, Ron always won I was used to it by now. I looked around the room to find that the new kid wasn’t laughing anymore but his head was tilted to the side as he watched our chess pieces immediately re arrange themselves on the chess board. He looked confused and startled…….almost like he’d never seen magic before. He turned away from watching us and shook his head, maybe trying to get rid of his thoughts. He pointed to Hermione who was knitting by the fire and nudged Fred who nodded grinning. Now I was curious, I watched as Percy cautiously approached our table. With his back turned to Fred and George he didn’t look as confident but wary like he wasn’t sure if what he was doing was a good idea or not .

            He went around our table and sat crisscrossed on the ground in front of Hermione. By now he had caught Ron’s attention who was staring at him weirdly. He cautiously brought a finger up to Hermione and poked her shoulder lightly. She was so immense in her knitting that she hadn’t noticed him. When she didn’t respond he scratched his head stumped. Then he tried a different tactic.