Chapter 1 - Heartache

Disclaimer I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians nor the Harry Potter series. Rick Riordan and J.K. Rowling do. Just a quick thing I LOVE PERCABETH  but in this story it has to be demolished for . . . . well you’ll have to keep reading to find out. I PROMISE THIS IS NOT THE END OF PERCABETH.

 Demigod World

3rd person

It was December 21st and a boy named Percy Jackson was lying on his bed rolling a promise ring through his fingers. What should have been the best day of his life turned out to be the worst. It all started a little over an hour ago. Percy and his girlfriend Annabeth were excited because they both had winter break at the same time. Percy and Annabeth weren’t normal teenagers. They were both demigods. Annabeth was a child of the Greek goddess Athena and Percy Poseidon. Just this summer they had gotten serious after defeating Gaea and her evil minnions. Well lets get on with the story shall we . . . you see Percy and Annabeth have been friends for the past five years depending on each other, to survive. Neither could live without the other. Percy and Annabeth’s relationship ad been skyrocketing, well for Percy at least. He had bought a promise ring to give to her on their first date after being a part for months. Percy had decided to leave a trail of roses to their date site. He had gotten the idea from English class after seeing some movie just before the holidays.  The roses started at the Athena cabin. It was the middle of the day and all the other campers were at their daily activities, Percy thought Annabeth was too but oh how wrong he was. As he approached the Athena cabin with a bouquet of flowers from the Demeter cabin he was just about to place the first one when he heard giggling and what sounded like . . . a moan?

He didn’t want to pry so he was about to walk away when he heard something that made him stop in his tracks.

“Are . .  are you sure Percy won’t find out?” The voice was wary but confident, Percy had a feeling he had heard the voice before but from where?

“Are you kidding, like he would step foot in a library much less the Athena cabin” Percy gulped, and felt a cold shiver go down his back. That was Annabeth’s voice. He walked over to the window and saw him nuzzling he neck and her smiling down at him. It tore his heart in two, but he couldn’t seem to look away as she kissed the strange boy. He looked like any other teenage dream with blonde hair and blue eyes . . . . the typical dreamy guy that girls fell for. Percy tore his eyes away from the scene and he dropped the flowers with a soft thud. He turned around and closed his eyes, it took everything he had in him to walk away and not go in there and kill the both of them. The image of them kissing was stuck in his mind like an endless torture. He was brought back to the present time snapping out of the worst flashback in his life, he took one look at the ring and closed a fist around is trying as hard as he could to break the little piece of jewelry. To symbolize his broken heart.

The next morning

Percy had fallen asleep with the ring still clutched in his hand. It had left a mark in his skin . . . an outline of the ring. There was a sudden banging on the door which awoke the young demi-god. He lazily rolled out of bed trudging to the door which seemed to be shaking from the rapid pounding. He opened the door to find a livid Annabeth, she looked like she had smoke coming from her ears. As soon as the door was open the yelling started.

“PERSEUS JACKSON! HOW COULD YOU FORGET OUR DATE! YOU NEVER SHOWED UP NOT TO LUNCH NOT TO DINNER THE CAMPFIRE IS ALREAY IN SESSION!! DO NOT TELL ME YOU FELL ASLEEP ! I HAVENT SEEN YOU FOR MONTHS AND YOU SKIP OUR DATE FOR SOME EXTRA SLEEP!” she yelled causing him to flinch. While she was yelling he was pacing out analyzing her . . . she had a hickey on her neck.

“WELL!” she  demanded snapping him out of his daze.  Little did the young couple know that the whole camp was watching them. So Percy did the clever thing he always did when he spaced out during their conversations.

“huh?” he asked  leaning on the doorway frame blocking her entrance into his cabin. While Annabeth was fuming the Stoll brothers were quietly snickering that would be until Katie Gardener smacked them upside the head.

“why.did.you.not.show.up.for.out.date?” Annabeth replied in a deathly calm voice that usually sent shivers down Percy’s spine but honestly he wasn’t scared of what was going to happen, he had nothing to mess up now.

“I dunno why do you have hickeys on your neck?” he replied casually checking the doorframe’s chipped paint. But when he looked back at Annabeth her face looked shocked almost panicked. Campers looked at each other warily, Percabeth was their favorite couple it couldn’t be possible that Annabeth was cheating on him.

“it was a curling iron, I burned myself . . . how could you accuse me of cheating on you!” though her words were convincing Percy could tell she was lying. After years of fighting side by side thinking as one he could tell.

“I may act stupid sometimes, but those are hickeys, no one in your cabin owns a curling iron, your hairs is naturally curly, and i know for a fact that you were kissing another guy right before lunch because I saw you” He said watching her go from astonished to ashamed.

“ And here Athena was thinking that I was going to hurt you, sorry . . . no I’m not sorry we’re done. I hope you have a great time with whoever you were kissing. Wait here for a sec I need to get something” Percy walked back into his cabin and Annabeth was on the verge of tears. The campers were frozen watching the scene in front of them. A tear escaped Annabeth’s eye. Percy returned moments later with a ring in his hand. It was one of those couple rings so that when your holding hands the hearts are intertwined but when your apart they look like broken hearts. He took her palm and set both tings in it. As tears were streaming down her face now.  She looked at the rings astonished.

“Percy were you . . .” she trailed off not wanting to think about how badly she messed up. As soon as she had seen Percy she felt ashamed, he was her one and only but not anymore.

“yeah . . . I was” His face hardened as he looked at the promise ring. He shook his head then spun on his heel and closed his cabin door. He leaned against it finally letting the tears fall; he slid down till he was sitting on the ground. Then gurgling, from in front of him. There was a shimmering like a rainbow. Someone was calling him? He watched as the image of a man in white robes like in one of those wizard movies appeared.

“Hello, why you must be Percy Jackson . . . we have much to discuss. I am Albus Dumbledore . . . . . . .”

 Done editing i have realized that it woudnt make sense if percy and his friends were in diagon alley because it is late december when percy and annabeth break up so i am just making him come to Hogwarts right after christmas break.