Chapter 25: Pillar of support

"It's scheduled." Bernard said as he penned down something in his diaries.

"BERNARD!!!" Callie shouted in anger.
"Baby, it's done." He stood up and pat her head.

"Why Bernard, why do you do this to me?" Callie asked.

"Because, you need to grow up and learn how to face your emotions, girl." He replied. He held her pendant chained around her neck.

"I saw the box." He added. Callie raised her eyebrows.

"If you no longer feel anything for him, why did you keep that box?" He asked, gently rubbing his knuckles on her cheeks.

"Baby girl, you need to let go of your past and start anew. Didnt you want that?" He asked.

"That's what I am doing now, Bernard." Callie replied, feeling a lump in her throat.

"Then, you can figure out that little stubborn heart of yours." He added.

"Oh, and I got the team to sort a special set of photos for your Salt Lake exhibition." He added, leaving the office.

"What photos?" Callie asked, curious about the new arrangement.

"That, is a surprise." He spun around and flash her a huge smile showing his pearly whites.

- - - - - - - - - -

After three days of crying, Patrick fell ill.

Sloan was lucky that they just finished their tour and were on vacation time. While the other band members scattered all over the world for their individual me time, Patrick was in his room, asleep.
His sleeps were never peaceful too. He often got nightmares and his illness turns for the worst, his doctor and psychatrist decided to put him under sedation.

"What happened to him? I thought he been better and off his medicine for awhile now? Why now this episode?" His doctors asked ET. ET sighed. He looked at his troubled son, peaceful yet sedated. His heart aches.

"He lost his pillar of emotional dependence." Dr. Simone, one of the psychiatrist replied.

"Ett, do you know who this person is? We need to speak to him or her. Patrick is back to square one. This person had just washed away all our efforts thus far."

"I'll bring her to you." His tone, absolute.

- - - - - - - - - -

Barely back in Paris for one week, she had to prepare to get back to Utah again. Thinking of where to stay, she decided to call Jasmine to bunk in with her.

"Callie!" Jasmine hugged her tight when she picked her up at the airport.

"Hey..." Callie return her hug.

"Erm, Callie... I know you are tired after a long flight but there is somewhere I need to take you before we head home, I hope you are fine with that." Jasmine said, half asking but not a question.

"Sure..." Callie agreed, but confused.

The car pulled up at the psychiatric hospital. Callie glanced at Jasmine, whose face was solemn.

Who are they visiting here?

Ettoire came up to the driveway to meet Callie.

No.

She shivered at the her suspicions.

"Ett?" She greeted.
"Why are you here--"

"It's Patrick, Callie. You have to help. Please..." Ett begged. Callie took two steps back.