Chapter 08: The signing session

Dear Readers,

Sorry for the hiatus.

I've been on an emotional rollercoaster ride. and got myself into a writer's block.

Now I'm almost out of it, I'm back to my writing track. Thanks for your patience!

Liesel.

Chapter 08: The signing session

I must admit, I had my defenses up at the beginning, but his boyish looks, hazel eyes, and his cute pout were enough to melt me like ice in the hot sun.

I didn't know how I got back the courage to trust him again but I do know one thing, I wanted him back in my life.

A week flew past in Atlanta fast with more show and radio appearances; and just yesterday, a signing session in the major record store in town.

As usual, I was the noob in this whole business and Amanda had took advantage to boss me around the rest of the week.

Patrick wasn't at all pleased, but everytime he clenched his fist, I had to soothe his anger. I do enjoy him being so protective over me, but I always remind him, "work is work, so please do not interfere. "

The band members were at all shocked at the beginning because this trip was their first that Patrick never attempted to throw up a big fuss, and they were actually enjoying the 'new' and 'controlled' Patrick.

An signing session was very different from those shows in the broadcast stations. It was more of a public event and security at the event was more intensive compared to the freedom we have at the broadcast stations.

Amanda and I were at the record store to conduct a site survey a few days before the actual signing session and a security team was deploy one day before the event to sweep for bugs and explosive.

With mega popularity comes more anti-fans and threats, therefore security was a serious matter.

I was quick to pick up many operative skills and knowledge just by the exposure and from Amanda so that I could be of help on the actual day.

My job was pretty simple on the day itself. I would be doing crowd control on stage, limiting three fans at any one time.

Sloan and the band would be giving away signed posters to fans who had obtained a coupon upon purchasing their albums.

Therefore, I would need to collect the coupons while the fans come on stage and making sure only one coupon per fan. ET had kindly offered to help me with the coupon collection.

Amanda on the other hand, would try to usher the fans pff the stage as soon as the guys were done with their signings.

There would be security guards all around controlling the crowd.

On the actual day, Amanda exited first then followed by the band, afterwhich would be me, followed by Patrick and lastly ET. This funny arrangement was forced upon by Patrick, as he wanted to make sure he was around to protect me through the crowd.

The fans went berserk when the door of the bus slide opened. Luckily, the security team was a solid barrier between us and the band, and what happened in front of the hotel did not repeat itself there and then.

We quickly arranged settled the guys in the holding room at the back and as I was following Amanda out to start working, Patrick stole a hug as he pulled me back towards him, my back against his chest.

"Patrick, I need to go." I tried to coax him.

He shook his head then gave me a peck on my cheek, hugging me tighter.