Chapter 24: Goodbye

A week passed without any emotional rollercoaster. Callie had packed all her things and she was ready to call a realtor to access her home to sell it.

"My god, this place is amazing!" The realtor was in awe as she stepped through the house.

"Thank you." Callie replied simply. She could understand why the realtor was in awe. Her mum did the decorating and interior design. Very English, very opulent. The interior of the house literally stand out among the houses in the neighbourhood.

"This house can fetch a couple of millions." She accessed.

"Okay, so how much exactly?" Callie asked.

"At least 20 million. You have a few pieces of antique furniture." She said as-a-matter-of-factly. Callie gulped. She did not know the house could value so much.

"I will suggest you to put up this home for about 28 million. Then send your antiques for auction. Those, " she pointed to the display cupboards which used to hold family pictures,

"Could fetch you another couple hundred thousands. If I am accurate, probably close to a million." She added, displaying her knowledge on antiquities.

"We then work from there on." She said. Callie nodded.

"I want to keep some of the furniture." Callie said. "Just put up the house for sale without the furniture." She added.

The realtor nodded and shook her hand.

"I will get the photographer here tomorrow and list this property up." She said.

Callie shook her hand and smiled.

That's it! This is the end, Callie.

She took a last look around the house and let out a reluctant sigh.

The next day, the realtor called.

"Hey Callie, I have great news for you. I have a buyer who is offering 60 million for your house! That condition is however that you include in all your furniture in the house." Her tone in excitement.

With all the furniture?

Callie could not part with the diaplay cupboards but she had thought about the difficulty in shipping those to France.

She sigh.

Yeah, why not?
All memories erased once and for all.

"Yeah, deal." She replied.

That was easy and this is really the end now.

Two days later I met with the realtor and a smartly dressed man in suit and coat to sign the agreement in the realtor office.

With a flick of the pen, the deal was sealed. He would be coming to pick the keys from Callie the next day in time for her to the move out with her belongings.

He frowned when he saw the house.

"I thought I had asked to have everything included?" He asked.

"Yes, all the furniture." Callie replied.

"No, no, no. I said EVERYTHING." He emphasized. Callie was puzzled.

"Where are the photographs?" He asked and pointed.
"The dishes and the cutlery. The furnishings. All the works." He replied, dissapointed on what he paid for.

"But sir, those were my works and my belongings." Callie explained.

"No, my client has instructed that the house to be bought with nothing moved, every single item must be intact." He explained.