Chapter 16: Los Angeles

a/n:

Dear silent readers,

this story needs lots of love from you to grow and be read and love by others. It only takes a click or a tap to make the heart shape whole.

Please help my story to grow.

Thanks!

Dear active voters,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your votes boosts my morale and keeps me going. Every time I get a notification of a new vote, my heart just soars.

I do hope you can take some time to give me comments. After all, publishing free materials is usually because we all want to practice and be better. I hope you just give me more comments so I can improve.

Thank you to all readers.

Without your eyeballs scanning my words, my story would have just died long time ago.

love,

Liesel.

Chapter 16: Los Angeles

"I'm sorry. We don't have your application." The voice from the other end replied.

"What do you mean you don't have my application? I had sent it via registered post and it was signed and received a week before the application closed!" Callie was bewildered.

"I'm sorry but we really don't have your application." The lady said before hanging up the line. I was shocked.

How could they hang up on me?!?!?!

"Are you alright?" Colin asked. Callie froze.

"Callie? Callie! " Colin shook her out of her daze.

Callie burst into tears. It was entirely her fault. She should have called earlier!

"Calm down Callie." Colin tried consoling her.

"We still have to finish the project at hand. Trish is ill and we need you. Focus. We'll help you sort this once the project is completed, hmm?" He said.

--------

Callie's POV

Colin was right. I have my priorities. Calmly, I wiped my tears and took a deep breath.

The rest of the week zoom by in a blink and we finally wrapped up the project.

Andre and Colin got me seated in their office while they made a few calls to help me with my situation.

My energy was totally drained by the project and my mind was in a mess with this problem cropping up.

I knew I had been able to handle all sorts of problems since my parents divorce but somehow, this one; I was at a total loss.

"Okay, seems thay they have misplaced your application." Colin said, after a lengthy call with the faculty dean of the university.

Andre was on another call to whom I have no idea what.

"But the application had closed a month ago so it's kinda late to submit your application now." Colin added. Tears were brimming in my eyes and I tried hard to hold them back.

Andre finally ended his call. He gave Colin a nod.

"Callie, do you trust us?" He asked.

-----------

Patrick's POV

The Sloan team wrapped up their Vegas promo and heading towards their next stop in Los Angeles.