Chapter 04: The Radio Station

Callie considered E.T's proposal carefully. She recalls her conversation with E.T.

"Torment soul?" I asked. E.T. fell silent. He hesitated for awhile before he opened his mouth.

"I don't know if I should say, or could say, but well," He thought about it for awhile.

"Heck, since this conversation is going to be just between us, I'll tell you." He added.

E.T mentioned about Patrick's parent's divorce and shortly after his mum jumped off the window as she couldn't handle the heartache.

And all these happened just after that incident.

"He has not been coping well at all." E.T. replied.

I wondered if all these where the result in his change to this obnoxious man people were describing to me. However, what made me most curious was, why was his attitude towards me still the same old him?

I needed to find out more. I need to find that missing 6 years between us and if E.T. thinks being nice to him would be a good start; I'll am open to the idea of taking that risk.

----------

Callie slept soundly that night despite the day's drama.

She was up and awake before the alarm rang and she was also the first one down at the hotel cafe for the buffet breakfast.

She was so excited to the idea of a breakfast buffet. She had decided that she would eat her fill. It has been a long time she had such a treat.

A buffet!

Callie happily piled up her favourites: bacon and scrambled eggs. She also took a small stack of pancakes topped with fresh berries and more whipped cream.

She was tucking happily when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey - Woah." Eric replied.

"Girl, you really can eat! " He said when he saw the amount of food on her table.

"May I join you?" He asked.

"Sure!" I said with my mouth still chewing on the pancakes.

"Okay, I'll be right back." He said as he went on to get hia breakfast.

-------

On the other hand, Patrick barely slept a wink. The were 2 distinctive reasons he could not sleep. One, that scary flirtacious Amanda has the key and second, he was deep in thoughts over what Callie said.

His mobile alarm rang. His hangover was long gone but a certain excitement kept him up and energetic, without any sign of tiredness.

Soon, he was down at the buffet area and he saw her with Eric, Don and Ett. They were having their breakfast and chatting happily.

"Patrick!" Ett called to him, gesturing him to go over.

Callie who was back facing him turned around and saw Patrick. She flashed him a smile. Instantly, he felt butterflies in his stomach.

--------

"Mor-morning!" I greeted, with butterflies still fluttering everywhere in my tummy.

"Good morning!" Callie greeted in a sweet voice.

Oh man... I missed that voice of her...

"Pat!" Ett called him again and mouth a 'go' and gestured the buffet line.