Chapter 11: Sorry, but you are fired.

Chapter 11: Sorry but you are fired

The rain came in an hour later and the rain made interesting pitter-patter rhythms throughout the house.

However, there is just more than the rain. There was a distinct distress that comes in a form of a human voice.

Slowly, I took the tennis racquet from my closet and slowly walk down the corridor.

The cries became louder and when I realised it came from the guest room, a cold draft washed down inside me.

'Someone attacking Patrick?'

I slowly turnes the doorknob and peered inside.

Patrick was still lying in bed and there was no one else in the room, but what I saw next was quite disturbing.

His eyes were closed, and was choking his own neck.

"No! Mum! No!" I heard him screaming in between.

I quickly ran over and tried to rock him, to wake him up.

"Patrick! Patrick!" I shouted, but he was still struggling. I climbed on top of him and tried to pry his arms away from his neck, continue shouting his name.

Slowly, his muscles relaxed and his woke up with fright.

His eyes were wide and staring up at me.

"Please mum, I don't want to die." He said, in panic inbetween heavy short pants of breath.

My heart aches.

"Patrick," I called him softly.

"It's me. Callie." I added, and he slowly regained his senses. I could feel his whole body fully relax beneath me.

He let out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry." He replied, slowly sitting up. I slide down to one side of the bed.

"It's alright. " I replied, relieved that he was okay.

"I go make you a hot drink." I added trying to get off the bed, but he immediately pulled me into his arms.

"I don't need a drink. " He said as he hugged me from behind.

"Stay with me tonight, please." He added, tightening his embrace.

His huge arms were right across my chest, imprisoning me in his arms. His breathing slowly steadied and I nodded my head.

"Thank you." He replied, planting a kiss on back of my neck. I intertwined my fingers with his huge palm and slowly we drifted off to sleep.

A phone rang in the depths of the house woke Callie up with a start. She saw that Patrick was still sleeping soundly in bed so she darted towards her room.

"Hello?" She said, panting heavily after rummaging through her room of things to find her phone.

"Miss Summers." The other end replied. I knew that voice well.

------

The sunlight streamed in from the slit of the curtain panels and Patrick reached over to the side and he only caught air.

Last night's memories were still fresh in his mind.

Callie was sitting on top of her and allowed him to hug her to sleep the entire nght.

He smiled at that very warming thought.

'Where is Callie anyway?' He wondered.

-------