Chapter 1: Callie's Job

Callie

OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

OH MY FREAKING GOD.

I tried so hard to remain composed when this person walked into the meeting room. I immediately knew who he was.

"Good morning, Miss Summers." The manager, Ms. Finley said as she walked into the meeting room.

"Ah, I see you both met each other!" She piped, looking at the both of us seated opposite each other at the meeting table.

"Patrick, this is Callie Summers. Callie, this is Patrick Riley, also known publicly as 'Sloan'." She introduced.

He stood up and offered his hand. My eyes widen, my hands jittering at the moment, not exactly sure how to react. I quickly recomposed myself and shook his hand. His palm enveloped my small hand entirely with a grip that is so familar.

"Nice to meet you." I stuttered.

"Patrick, Miss Summers will be your chaperone for the coming tour. Amanda will also come along with you on the tour to handle the business, " Ms. Finley instructed.

I'm HIS...WHAT???

"And you, Miss Summers," She said as she turned to face me. I jumped slightly at the sound of my name.

"Call me Callie will do." I replied, regaining my composure.

"Callie, " She replied.

"You will be helping to take care of Patrick's needs. Think like... babysitting. You take care of his meals, his belongings, etc. etc." She said.

BABYSIT... THIS GUY?!?!?!?!

"I will give you a set of guidelines and rules and you make sure you adhere to them." She said firmly.

The meeting ended and I ran after Ms. Finley to speak to her in private and also before he could have any conversations with me.

"Ms. Finley, I need a word with you, in private." I said. She nodded and gestured me into her office.

"What is it, Callie?" She asked.

"I -- I may not be able to take on this job." I said, my voice wavering.

"I'm in good understanding from Jasmine that you needed a job badly. I don't see a reason why you would turn it down, and it's with Sloan, no less!" She added, half joking.

I was trying to find another reason when Ms. Finley spoke again.

"I understand you may feel pressured because Patrick is a mega star. You don't have to worry. He is the sweetest and most considerate guy I know, among the many celebrities, that is." She said, placing a hand on my shoulder and giving me an assuring look.

"Can I have some time to think about it then?" I asked. She let out a disgrunted sigh.

"Alright. But you only have one day. I need an answer by tomorrow. Else, I would be so screwed, needing to find another person." She said, unsatisfied by my request but didn't have a choice.

I left her office to find Patrick standing in front of the door, waiting, for me.

"Hey." He greeted. I walked past him, heading towards the elvator lobby, ignoring him.

"Hey Cal," He tried to catch hold of my arm. I gave him a hard stare. And he retreated two steps and let me walked away.

***

Patrick

Her eyes were full with hate.

I was shocked when I saw her in the meeting room. She is still as beautiful as I last remembered her. Her beautiful tuquoise blue eyes still shine like the crystal Aegean seas.

But right now, those eyes were burning with fiery hatred, engulfing my hand in flames when I grabbed her arm.

I knew I had to let her go.

She turned and swiftly walked away, and as I see her slowly disappear in the distance, my heart ached at a new level of pain I never thought I would feel it again.

***

Callie

"UNBELIEVEABLE. And you didn't tell me who this freaking star was before you sign me up?" I shouted at Jasmine over the phone.

"Callie, I honestly didn't know that!!" She replied.

"Don't bullshit me. You jolly well know who he is, and who he was. And you still could say, you don't know?" I said, pacing up and down my living room, fuming mad.

"Callie, it has been so many years! It is already the past! Why are you still bothered?" She asked. I stopped in my tracks.

Why am I still bothered?

"Callie, look. Think of the money. With the pay, you will have money to pay a substantial amount of your school fees and living decently. And it's only just 3 months! What can go wrong?" She added.

I was not listening.

Yeah, it's only three months. I can handle it.

The house stood silently still with only the clock ticking and the sound of my deep breathing. After what I felt was a long moment of blank, I dial Finley's number.

"Queens Records, Finley speaking." A lady voice came from the other end.

"Ms. Finley, it's me, Callie. I'll do it." I replied.

---------------------------

Author's note:

Please support me by voting, commenting and sharing!

Aug2021:
It's time for some edits and updates.
Hold on tight in your seats.

Liesel.