Chapter Ten

HISTORIA

The moment we landed in Russia was the exact moment I knew that I never wanted to go back home. Alexio's parents greeted me and Rosa with so much love and compassion, that it felt like I knew them for years.

Alexio's mom gave me the biggest hug that almost made my bones crack as soon as she saw me. She spoke with an adorable accent as she gave Rosa the same affection.

"Mikhaila, you're going to break them," Alexio's father laughed.

"Oh, hush!" She whacked his shoulder gently with a smile, giving him the chance to hug me and Rosa.

Alexei, Alexio's father, helped put our luggage into his car. So far so good. If they were always this kind... Heck, I might even fake marry Alexio.

The ride home was a long one, but Alexio and his parents made it worthwhile. His father taught me and Rosa some Russian words and we did the same with Spanish. He wanted to learn all the curses.

Once we made it home, Rosa and I pressed our faces against the window like excited children.

"That's your house?!" Rosa shouted. "That's so big!"

The parents laughed as Alexio nodded. We drove up a huge drive through until we reached a whole manor. Why in the world was Alexio doing porn when his family was like Bruce Wayne rich?

A tall man walked outside the house and smiled. Rosa squeaked and sunk low... So that was definitely Mikhail. He looked like Alexio, but older with a facial hair and no tattoos.

I patted Rosa's back, telling her in Spanish that she was going to see him regardless.

Rosa pouted and slowly sat up as Alexei took our bags out. We both followed Alexio out of the car and shivered in the cold. The jackets we bought were not okay for this weather.

"Told you those jackets were not good enough," Alexio laughed.

Rosa rolled her eyes as Mikhaila shooed us to the front door. "Inside! Inside! We'll bring your things in. Mikhail will help you to your rooms."

I grabbed Rosa's hand for this opportunity for her and yanked her to the front. Mikhail smiled as I walked up the front stairs.

"Hi!" I waved at him. "You must be Mikhail."

He nodded. "Yeah, that's me," he laughed and opened the door for us.

Rosa blushed as she zoomed in, greeting him super quick.

Mikhail blinked.

"Uh." I laughed nervously. "She needs to use the bathroom?"

"Ah." He walked inside with me and found Rosa lost like a puppy. He smiled. "Aren't you going to give me a hug, Rosa?"

Her brown cheeks blushed crimson. She swallowed and gave him a hug. "Hi," she whispered.

Mikhail rubbed her back, his smile growing. "Hi."

I cleared my throat. "Rosa has told me a lot about you."

"She has?" he laughed. "I hope she said good things."

"Yup, all good."

Rosa quickly pulled back. "So...Um...Room?"

He nodded. "Right this way."

He went upstairs and we followed him down a long hall. Rosa couldn't keep her wide brown eyes off him. His built was muscular, but not as much as Alexio's. He had strong arms and nice black hair. If Alexio was going to look like this when he gets older, then he's so lucky.

"So you're a doctor?" I asked. "That's really cool."

Mikhail smiled. "Thank you. The student loans aren't cool though."

I made a face. "Ugh, did you go to school in America? Bad choice."

"Yup," he laughed and stood in front of a room. "Rosa, this one is yours. It's right next to mine if you need me."

Rosa nodded, unable to speak. Wow, she really has never acted this way around guys at all. Mikhail must've put a curse on her, because my girl was really clammed up.

"Historia, you're actually sleeping in Alexio's room," said Mikhail.

Now it was my turn to feel my cheeks burn. "I am?"

Just the thought of staying in Alexios room had my heart pounding with desire. I can't wait to see what his room was like. I bet it's just as neat as his room back home.

Rosa ran into her room and I sighed. And I thought I was bad with crushes. Mikhail frowned and asked if she wasn't feeling well.

"I think she's just super tired from the jetlag," I told him. "Thanks for showing us, but I'll spend some time with her and have Alexio show me his room."

He nodded. "Of course. I'll go help with the rest of your belongings."

I thanked him as I walked in. Rosa was playing with her fingers on the bed.

I pointed at the door. "Girl, what the hell?"

"I panicked!" she whined.

"You gotta speak to him somehow! You're acting like a high school girl."

Rosa laid down on her new bed. I took a second to look around. She got her own fireplace and couch right in front of it... I hope Alexio's room has the same. Rosa's bed was large and spacious with a bunch of pillows and the bed had a curtain that could surround it for more privacy.

"Everytime I look at him, I can see myself marrying him and going on cute dates." Rosa rolled on her tummy. "He's so beautiful and amazing and perfect!"

"And confused. I had to lie that you were tired, he asked if you were feeling well."

"I'm not, I'm in love."

Sighing again, I laid next to her. "Alexio and I will still try to do the best we can."

Rosa thanked me and ran her hand across the bed. "So soft," she whispered. "I could live here. They have a bunch of rooms, imagine we could stay?"

"And imagine if we could and Mikhail moves out?"

"Shut up," Rosa grumbled.

I giggled and started braiding her curly hair. "You may lose him if you don't try."

"Yeah," she said and rolled her eyes. "I'll talk to him."

"Good."

As I continued braiding her hair, Alexio walked in with a sad frown on his lips.

Rosa sat up and asked him what was wrong, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Rosa, I'm sorry." Alexio swallowed. "Mikhail is getting married."