Chapter One

HISTORIA

The Bible flew across the living room, barely hitting my sister's head. Her crying filled the air as my parents screamed at her to leave the house. Tonight turned out to be more horrible than we thought. We didn't expect our parents who gave us loving hugs this morning to turn against their own daughters in less than twenty-four hours.

Mami y (and) Papi both were holding their other Bibles, yelling how Rosa was now disgracing the family and God. Papi went on a rant on how he would never raise a whore in his house.

Rosa stood behind me, crying in her hands while I stood in front to protect her. Mami went to her room and started throwing her clothes down the stairs.

"Don't do this to her!" I begged. "Please!"

"Historia, go to your room!" Papi shouted.

"No! Please, don't kick her out!

Papi ran his fingers frustratingly through his hair, gripping it tight. "Damn it, don't defend her!"

Mami pushed a maleta (suitcase) down the stairs.

I shook my head. "If you kick her out, I'm leaving, too!"

My parents gasped. Rosa whimpered my name from behind me.

"Shut up!" Papi growled. "You're not leaving!"

"I am! Watch me!"

And that's how thirty minutes later, I was sitting with my sister in her car. Her trunk was full of our personal items and maletas my mom shoved in our faces. The car was so full, our belongings reached us to the front.

I held Rosa's hand as she cried against her steering wheel. "You didn't have to come with me."

"You think I'd let you go like this? Hell no." I squeezed her hand affectionately.

Rosa sat up and blew her nose in a tissue. "Historia, I already had a place to stay, but now they won't even allow you back home either."

I swallowed, looking at the night sky. "So?"

She blew her nose again, sliding her phone out of her purse. She typed real quick into it. A few seconds later, her phone vibrated. "Okay,  Alexio said we can start driving now."

Rosa started the car. As we drove away, I watched our house turn into a little dot behind us. Sliding down my seat, I frowned. Our parents really switched up on us real quick. Just this morning they told us how much they loved us...

"They were paying for your school," Rosa said, followed by a sniffle as she drove into the highway. "You know they're going to stop that, right?"

I rolled my eyes. They wanted to stop that ever since the bills started coming, so they finally got their chance. "I don't care. I was only going to school because they forced me. Besides, they weren't paying, my loans were."

"Jesus Christ, you're really going to drop out because of me now?" She glanced at me.

"No, because now I can finally get the chance to do what I really wanted."

Rosa went quiet, knowing how much I hated college. She eventually sighed. "Okay, well, get some shut eye. It's a two hour drive to Jersey. Traffic is bad right now."

"Are you sure?" I asked with a frown. "I should keep you company. Heck, I should be the one driving."

She shook her head, saying she'll be fine. "It's okay...Driving helps."

I stared at her for a good few seconds until deciding to remain quiet. Nodding, I closed my eyes, hoping for sleep to take me. Despite how hurt our parents made us, I couldn't help but feel relieved now that we're no longer living under their strict roof. Letting out a sigh, I smiled. Alexio was waiting for us. I can't wait to see him again.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

NOTE

For those who read the original, are you excited to see what new things I have in store for you all? 👀

Updates will be posted at 3 PM EST every Thursday! But I'm posting the first chapter earlier as a little treat! 😉

And if you want to read early updates, they will be posted every Tuesday at 3 PM EST on wackywriters.com! Go find me there!

Thank you for reading! I love you!

- Sin