Chapter Six

HISTORIA

Alexio's question had me looking at him like he grew two more heads. My eyes widened with shock as my heart fluttered at his words.

"Your...Girlfriend? You want me to be your girlfriend?" I asked, astonished.

Alexio's blush deepened. "Not my real one. I need to prove to my dad that I don't need a betrothed."

"He's still on that shit?!"

He nodded. "And Valentina asked if they could start planning our damn wedding now."

"B–But you're grown! Tell your dad you don't–"

"He's a strict Russian father. He won't take no for an answer until I find someone I love..."

Groaning, I pinched the bridge of my nose. I may regret this. This may cause some unwanted stuff, but damn it, he needs my help. "Fine, I'll do it. Only because I hate Valentina."

"What about me?" he laughed.

"And you, of course." Sighing, I ate another bite of waffles as I thought about what the heck I got myself into. If anything bad happens, I'm out. "Let's take a cute picture so you can send it to your parents."

"Oh, good idea." He nodded and got his phone ready as I slid back to his side with my food.

After pushing my black hair behind my ear, he snapped a photo as the sunlight glowed on my brown skin.

"Holy shit, you look fucking beautiful," Alexio whispered as he looked at the photo.

"Thanks," I giggled. "The sun was made for me."

Alexio smiled and kissed my cheek, taking another photo. My heart fluttered again at the affection... Well, fake affection. He sent the photos to his parents and placed his phone down. "And now we wait–"

His phone instantly blew up.

I would have laughed if my heart didn't sink to my stomach. Hopefully his parents like me. I looked at Alexio's texts but they were all in Russian.

Alexio grinned. "Perfect."

"What are they saying?"

"My mom thinks you're beautiful and so does my dad....They also want to meet you."

I swallowed. "...And how is that going to happen?"

Alexio laughed nervously. "So...I may have bought tickets for us to go to Russia for your birthday."

My eyes widened again. "Before I even said yes to this whole thing?!"

"Heh...Yeah?" He rubbed the back of his neck.

"...You're lucky I'm nice." My lips slowly curled up into a grin. "That's so awesome! I can't wait to go there...But meeting your parents? I can totally wait for that."

"They're nice, especially my mom, shrimp." He continued eating his meal. "They'll like you."

Nodding, I finished my breakfast and sighed, leaning back in my seat. Alexio sent me the photos we took and set the first one as his lock screen. I should probably do the same before I forget.

"When are we leaving?" I asked.

"In two days."

"...Jesus Christ. Does Rosa know?"

He nodded. "Yup, she's coming, too."

Nodding, I finished the rest of my water as Alexio called for the bill. "Promise me this won't turn into a huge mess, Alexio, please?"