031: First Day

I stood in the shadows of an old alleyway. The floor was littered with trash and not many people walked through here, but still I waited. A minute goes by, then another, and finally the person I was looking for strolled in.

A man with a clean shaven face, expensive clothing, and a brief case began to walk through the alleyway; darkened by the late night. I readied myself, two daggers in my gloved hands. Once he was far enough away where he wouldn't see me, I stealthily crept up behind him.

Not giving myself time to think or rationalize, I stabbed the man four times in the back and slit his throat. He dropped the brief case, gasping in pain. I picked it up and stared at the man. After less than a minute, it looked like he stopped breathing. To make sure he was dead, I checked his pulse.

Nothing.

No heartbeat could be felt and at this point I knew this was a job gone great. As I'm walking back to my car, away from the body, I started to think about how this all happened.

-

Four hours ago

I placed a face mask over the bottom half of my face, so noone could see what I looked like, and left my apartment, locking it on the way out. I took my phone out of my back pocket and looked at it, trying to find the address I was supposed to be at. After I found it, I put it into the GPS and drove off in my car.

It didn't take long to reach my destination, so I took a deep breath and walked into the building. The interior was really nice, the chairs in the waiting room looked to be good quality and the paint job all over the walls looked amazing. After admiring the whole place for a second, I walked up to the receptionist.

"Hi, I have an appointment with Mr. Wilocks." I tell the lady.

She looked up from the computer she was typing on and gave me a smile before speaking.

"Name and time of appointment, please."

"Emily Grayson, 9:30 am." I reply.

She typed out on her computer, smiled at the screen, than looked back up at me.

"He's waiting for you in room 348 on the third floor. Have a wonderful day."

"Thank you, you too."

I walked over to the elevator and pressed on a button, waiting for the doors to open. Three other people came to wait beside me and a second later, the doors popped open. Six people stepped out, then all four of us stepped in. I clicked on the third floor button, one man clicked on the fifth, the woman pressed the second, and the last man pressed the sixth.

We waited silently in the elevator. A few seconds later, the elevator stopped and the doors opened. The woman stepped out and began her journey down the hallway, the doors closing almost as soon as she left. As it continued up, all three of us stayed silent and continued to look forward. Then the elevator stopped and the doors opened, at this I stepped out and went down the hallway.

"343, 344, 345." I whisper under my breath, looking at the door numbers as I pass them.

Finally, I find office number 348. Carefully, I knocked on the door and waited for confirmation to walk in.

"It's open." I hear a voice say on the other side.

I grab the handle of the door and twist it, pushing the door open. I walked in and closed the door behind me, then stared at the man sitting in the desk. He wasn't looking up from writing papers, but he looked to be in his early thirties. He had a few gray hairs, but not enough for them to be noticeable.

"Mr. Wilocks?" I question.

"Yes." He answers. "First and last name please, and sit down."

"Emily Grayson." I say, sitting on the chair across from him.

"Ah, Ms. Grayson. I've been waiting for your arrival." Mr. Wilocks said, now looking up from his desk.

"Really?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"Oh, of course. I have the most perfect job for you." He clapped his hands together.

"But, we haven't even done an inter-"

"Nonsense, you're a strong and capable girl. I want to hire you, no interview needed." He cut me off with a kind smile.

"Thank you." I say back, a huge smile on my face.

"Now let's get down to business."

-

Four hours later

I'm sitting in my car with the brief case in the passenger seat. I call Mr. Wilocks to let him know I finished the job.

"Oh, how wonderful." His voice rang out, after I told him the good news. "Did you get the brief case?"

"Of course." I reply.

"Great, I look forward to seeing you soon." Mr. Wilocks told me.

"As do I." I say, hanging up the phone and beginning my drive back to work.

·•°·•°·•°·•°•·

Sorry that I've been so inactive!!

I wanted to let everyone that reads this book know that I will no longer be doing daily updates, it's just way too hard for me.

On another note, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

*EDITED*