027: Half-Truth Or A Lie

"I lied." Dick started. "Lied to you guys because I was afraid you'd leave this place... And me. And if that happened, there'd be no Titans."

I sat at the same table as Jason, but the two of us kept our distance. I could tell he felt guilty and was sorry for what he did and he could tell I was still pissed at him but that I wanted to make up at some point. The truth is, the two of us never even made it official, I just figured we were together by an unspoken rule or something.

"And I lied to you, too. I told you that Jericho was dead when I got to the church. But he wasn't. He was alive. He died trying to save me from his father." Dick continued. "I'm sorry... You all deserve more."

After a few seconds, Hank stands up. He stops infront of Dick and punches him in the face. At first I thought he was going to forgive him, but then I realized how fucking idiotic it was to believe Hank of all people would do something like that so easily.

"You lying sack of shit." Hank spits out.

Dawn stands up and pushes Hank away from Dick. "Hey." She says.

"How many other fucking half-truths have you told us?" Donna questions.

"At least you got a half-truth." Me and Rachel say at the same time.

"My brother is dead because of you." Rose passive aggressively states, making Jason turn his head in her direction. "I'm out."

Rose stands up and walks away to wherever the fuck, but Jason just stares in my direction. The two of us can somewhat tell what the other person is thinking without putting it into words.

"I'm going with her." Jason stands up.

"Jason, wait-"

"Look, you don't decide what I do anymore. What anybody does." Jason follows after Rose.

I stay in my spot, knowing Jason was going to follow after her. I clench my hand into a fist, taking a deep breath. I had tuned out most of the rest of the conversation, thinking about if I should stay or if I should just leave.

Once I had tuned back into the conversation, the only people left in the room was me, Gar, and Dick. They both stared at me, hoping, praying, that I wasn't going to stand up and walk out of the door with everyone else. I was torn.

I had two options. Option 1: stay here with Gar and Dick and pretend that Dick was my real brother and wasn't lying my entire life. Or option 2: leave and not have to worry about what happens to Titans 2.0. Option 2 was probably best for me.

"I'm sorry." I whisper. "I can't keep living a lie, and the only person I loved more than my 'family' is gone, so what's the point in staying anyway."

"Emily, I never wanted to lie to you, I just-"

"No, I get it. Mom and d- Mary and John," I correct myself. "Told you to. But what I don't get is why you kept on lying after they died!?"

"I couldn't tell you the truth." Dick says.

"Why not? What could possibly be the reason that you never told me I wasn't your real sister?" I frustratedly ask.

"I didn't want to loose you!" He exclaims.

"You just did." I mutter and turn around, going to pack up my things.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I step out of my room, carrying my backpack full of whatever I could fit into it, and walk over to the elevator. I push the button and wait for the doors to open so I can leave this place.

"Emily, don't go." Dick says from behind me.

The elevator dings and the doors open, so I step inside. "Look, I just can't stay here. I'd say sorry, but I don't lie to my family; or lack there of."

The doors close before Dick could speak and I let out a breath of air. I pull my phone out of my pocket and stare at my lock screen of me and Jason before finally checking to see when my Uber would be here.

'Your Uber has arrived'

I glance back up from my phone as the doors re-open and I walk out, seeing my Uber waiting. I look up at the tower one last time before going over to the car and getting in.

"Emily Grayson?" The guy asks.

"Yep." I say, clutching my bag and looking out the window.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Thank you." I say, getting out of the Uber.

"You're welcome." He responds, driving away.

Once the car had left, I looked behind me at the hotel I was going to be staying at. I walked into the front door and go over to the receptionist. At the desk was a guy, probably around 17-19, and he was doing work on a computer.

"Excuse me?" I ask.

He looks up from the screen and stares at me for a second. "Uh, yes what can I do for you?"

"I have a reservation. The name is under Emily Grayson, I called in half an hour ago." I say to him.

"Emily Grayson." He mumbles, typing stuff out on the computer in front of him. "Oh, here you are. You are going to be in room 207, on the second floor."

"Thank you." I take the key from his hand and I begin to walk away.

"Wait!" The receptionist called from behind me, as I'm about to step onto the elevator. "I was- I was just wondering what you were doing later?"

I think for a minute. "I'm not sure, I don't think I'm doing anything. Why do you ask?"

"Would you maybe wanna get something to eat later? Say, 7?" He asked.

I stay silent, just staring at the guy infront of me. I wasn't sure what to say and I could see him getting nervous under my gaze.

"You don't have to- I just thought-"

"No, no. Uhm, yeah I'll get dinner with you." I cut him off.

"Great, I'm Nick by the way." The guy, now I know is named Nick, tells me.

"Emily... But you already knew that." I awkwardly state. "Well, I've got to get going. See you at 7."

"Yeah, see you." Nick waves goodbye to me as the doors close.

•°•°•°•°•

Okay, listen. I know you guys are probably disappointed about this at the moment, but do not worry. This is a Jason x OC book, after all.

Lucas Jade Zumann
As
Nick

Lucas Jade Zumann AsNick

*EDITED*