015: Bethany

I sat outside in the yard, an hour or so later. I stared at the gun in my hand, taking the bullets out of the chamber, and putting them in my pocket, before moving it around and aiming it at different things.

Sighing, I put the gun in my lap and layed backwards on the grass. I stared at the sky and just thought. I thought about everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen. My mind trailed over to the gun and how it got into my hand in the first place.

'Did I pick it up without realizing it? Had I always had it?' My mind swirled trying to come up with reasonable explanations for why I had it.

Amidst my daydreaming, I hadn't heard the door open and Gar come outside. I did, however, hear heavy breathing and the sound of a phone unlocking on the porch behind me.

"Gar?" I question, looking behind me.

"Emily?" He sounded kinda spooked. "What are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the same question." I say to him.

I stand up, put the gun in a different pocket, and go to walk beside him, leaning the front of my body on the railing beside him. I then look a deep breath.

"Needed to clear your mind?" I ask.

"Yep. You too?" Gar asked back.

"Yep." I pathetically laugh.

A comfortable silence falls between us, neither of us spoke; neither of us wanted to speak, enjoying the silence and not being ready to break it.

The door behind us opens, breaking the silence for us.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I hear Rachel's voice, the question being directed to Gar.

"No I, uh..." He stares in front of him. "There's something wrong with this place."

"What do you mean?" Rachel asks, and I turn to face them both.

"I don't know. I just have a bad feeling." Gar inhales sharply and wipes his eyes. "Maybe I'm just stressed out."

"Well, I'm sorry I freaked out on you." Rachel apologized.

"It's been a weird day." He tries to make an excuse for her.

"No. No, I suck." At this point, it was getting personal for them, so I just backed away and went inside.

I sat on the couch and waited for them to finish talking about whatever they were talking about. Once they came back in, I gave them both a smile and walked back outside. I walked over to the tire swing that was hanging on the big dead tree and sat down, swinging it with my feet.

As I was swinging, I started getting a massive headache. It was so bad that I had to stop the swing and grip my head, hoping it would help. My eyes were shut tightly closed and the rest of my face was clenched.

When the pain died down substantially, I took my hands off of my head and slowly looked up from the ground. What I didn't expect to see in front of me was a girl.

Her back was turned to me, but I could tell she was in a hospital gown. The girl had chocolate brown hair that went down to her waist; it was freshly washed and neatly combed. Slowly, the girls body turned in my direction.

My heart stopped when I saw her. I knew who this girl was.

It was Bethany.

The girl from the orphanage that would bully me. But she had died, I killed her. I know I did. It was an accident and now's my time to make amends with her for it. I blinked my eyes for a split second, and when I opened them back up she was gone. Nowhere in sight.

"Maybe Gar's right. Maybe there is something wrong with this place." I realize.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Not as long as usual, but I'm not in the mood to right a really long chapter today.

(But at least this is a second update today)

Sorry! :)

*EDITED*