004: New Friends

His phone starts to ring, indicating he's calling this Alfred fellow. I lay my head back down on my hand and pretend to still be sleeping, but in reality I was going to be listening in on his conversation.

"Hello."

"Hey, it's me."

"Master Grayson."

"Look, I need some help. It's a one time thing."

"What is it, sir?"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Once the conversation ended, Dick walked back into the car and looked over in my direction. I tried to play it off as I was in a deep sleep, but he knew better then that; he was my brother, after all.

"I know you're awake, Em." He tells me.

"No I'm not." I say, opening one eye.

"C'mon, lets go inside." He laughs.

I fully open my eyes and grab the bag that was resting on the floor, beside my feet. Dick opened my door and the both of us walked into our Motel room.

"Hey, you want pizza?" He asks Rachel and I.

"Okay." She says.

"Anything on it?"

She ignores him and continues to watch her show and eat a bunch of candy. Dick sighs and decides to let it go.

"Don't let anyone in." As he was walking away, he turned to look at the TV. "Is that Game Of Thrones? Should you be watching that?"

Rachel just looks over her shoulder at him and stays silent. Giving up, once more, Dick walks away to leave.

"Just don't get pineapple on it." She says.

"Obviously."

When Dick leaves, I walk into the bedroom and look at Rachel. We stay silent for a minute before I speak up.

"Can I sit here?" I point to a spot beside her.

She moves over and I take a seat next to her, crossing my legs also. I grabbed some candy and ate silently while the two of us watched Game Of Thrones together.

"How do you and Dick know each other?" Rachel asks.

"He's my older brother." I tell her.

She turns her head in my direction, realization on her face. She puts her hand out in front of me and motions for me to take it, so I do.

We just sit beside each other, in silence, holding hands and watching shows. Neither of us spoke, we just enjoyed the calm silence. This was the moment I knew the two of us would be great friends.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

An hour later and Rachel and I are laughing our asses off. A minute goes by and she says she needs to go to the bathroom, so I just wait on the bed while watching Game Of Thrones still.

In the corner of my eye, I see her stand in front of my brothers suitcase. I roll my eyes and giggle to myself. She was obviously curious as to what was inside, and I was too. I got up, also, and walked beside her.