011: Round Two

After that 'training' session we had, everyone went back inside. They were kinda shooken up about Rachel and what happened, I mean I wouldn't blame them. If I wasn't the total badass that I am, that would have scared the shit outta me too.

I was just sitting in my room, relaxing. I was going through my Instagram feed, watching as kids my age live normal lives with two parents. Without realizing it, I guess I started crying because when I felt my face, my under eyes felt wet.

"Pathetic." I whisper to myself while whipping my tears.

Not even a second later I'm hearing strange noises and the sound of a bed lightly banging on the wall. It took me a moment to realize what was happening, and when I did I put a disgusted face on.

"Keep it down in there, you two. Not everyone wants to hear you screaming each others names!" I exclaim, hitting the wall with my fist a bit.

Once it didn't quiet down I just grabbed my headphones and started blasting music in them, bobbing my head and quietly singing along. One of my favorite songs came on and, without realizing, I started to sing out loud.

I was just dancing around this motel room, with my headphones in, and singing my heart out. All of the sudden the power went out. I turned off my music, put my phone on the bedside table, and walked out of the room to go see Dick. When I walked out I saw a guy kick Dick in the stomach and him fall to the ground.

"Dick!" I yell, without thinking.

The woman and man turn to me, she smiled but the two of them continued to make their way into Dicks room; probably thinking I'm weak enough for them to easily finish off last without a problem.

I ran over to his room door and saw him fighting both of the adults at the same time, with incredible skill. I mean, I knew he was good but I didn't think he was THAT good.

"Dick!" I yell again. "Are you okay?"

"Go get the others." He ignores my question.

"But-"

"NOW." He demanded.

I ran down the hallway to go to Rachel's room first, but when I got there I saw Kory fighting the two kids. I ran passed them and into Rachel's room where I saw Gar and her, escaping out of the window.

"Go, go, go!" I exclaim to them.

They start moving faster and I jump out too, landing safely on the ground. The two of them were looking around for a minute before turning to me.

"Where's Dick?" Rachel asked.

"Um, he was fighting the parents or whoever the fuck those two people are inside of his room. He told me to find you guys, though, so I don't know where he is now." I say, as Kory comes running out of the building.

"Kory..." Gar trails off, looking behind her.

"Fuck. Stand back." She pushes us behind her.

All four of the people are surrounding us, we're cornered. The brother was in front of me, the sister was in front of Gar, the mom was in front of Kory, and the dad was in front of Rachel.

"We're fucked." I say.

"Get behind me." Kory states. "It's time to burn, assholes."

Kory tries to use her power, but she can't generate enough heat from the sun, as it's night time, so the forming magenta flames on her body start to dissipate until she's back to normal.

"Fucking night." Kory curses the sky.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
(Sorry, I can't write fight scenes very well)