013: I'm Awake

"Emily? Emily?" Distant voices called out to me.

"Shhh, they'll hear you." I vividly whisper to the mystery voices.

"Who will? Who will hear us?" The voices questioned.

"The mean men. I don't- I don't want them to come back." I gulp.

"Em, it's me. You gotta open your eyes, okay?" Rachel's voice came through my ears.

"Rachel?" I ask, trying to pry my eyes open.

"Yeah, I'm here, I'm here. Open your eyes, we've got to go now!"

"Of course we do, we need to find your mother." I slowly open my eyes.

Once my eyes fully opened, I looked around the room. I could see Kory, Gar, Rachel, Dick, and another unfamiliar woman.

"We found her already." She tells me as everyone else takes me out of my restraints.

"Really? That's great. I'm so *deep breath* happy for you." I say, trying to keep breathing.

"Yeah, now come on, we've got to get out of here." Dick says as Rachel drapes a coat around me and hoists me up.

We go through long hallways and I try to keep track of the way we are going, but my mind is too drained and out of it to comprehend anything that's going on. I only hear distant sounds and the walking of our shoes. I can see the light of a flashlight at the corner of my eye.

"Come on. We can get out through here. Hurry." The unknown woman states.

The six of us continue on our way down the hall before I start hearing indistinct voices, probably from guards or doctors. We stop and my head tilts up to see two people opposite us, a little ways in front.

"There they are." One says as they both start walking over.

"All right. You stay right where you are." The other said.

Rachel handed me off to Gar for whatever reason, and my ears started to ring. I scrunch my eyes together and grit my teeth in pain.

It. Was. So. Fucking. Loud.

After a while we start moving down the hallway again and I see lots of guards by our feet, groaning and writhing in pain.

'Dick must of fucked them up.' I think, once the ringing subsided a bit.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I collapse to the ground when the building explodes. Fire comes spewing out from it and the ringing takes over all of my senses, I grasp my head and lay on the cold grass and dirt. I feel someone shaking me but I'm in too much pain to open my eyes.

At some point they must have realized that, too, and just decided to pick me up and carry me. Tears were falling from my eyes and I was biting my lip so hard it was bleeding, but I could barely taste it. I was too focused on the terrible sensation all over my body I must not have noticed I had fallen asleep.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"RACHEL." I shoot up from where I was laying down and scream Rachel's name.

She comes running in looking, both, worried and relieved. Rachel tackled me into a hug and kept saying how much she missed me and that she was sorry that she had dragged me into this.

"Whoa, it's okay. Just, please let go. You're hurting me." I tell her, patting her back.

"Sorry." She apologized, letting me go in the process.

"It's alright. But what happened?" I asked.

"You passed out because of blood loss, I think. You've been out for a while now. We were all worried about you." She tells me.

"Oh." I just simply say.

"Are you hungry? I made breakfast." Rachel redirects the conversation.

"Hell yeah, I'm starving." I exclaim, slowly climbing out of bed.

"It's good to see your enthusiasm again, everything felt less upbeat without you." Rachel responds as we walk out of the room.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"I can't tell you what passed for pancakes in that place, but... They didn't resemble this." Angela, Rachel's mom, said. "My compliments to the chef."

"Well, it was really mostly him." Rachel gestures to Gar and he holds up his fork with a piece of pancake on it.

"Look, Rachel-"

"I was wondering-"

Dick and Angela cut each other off.

"Please." Dick tells Angela.

"Rachel has been explaining your situation to me. Uh, I understand this place is on loan."

"Unofficially." Dick states. "The owner didn't exactly give me permission to stay here, but..."

"I may have another option." She cuts him off. "I have a house. In Ohio. It's been in my... Our family for decades." Angela looks at Rachel. "I was hoping that you... We... All of you are welcome there for as long as you want. I have more than enough room, and... It's the least I can do."

"Although I do wonder what happens to your home when you've been locked away for five years." She adds.

"Back taxes, tons of unopened mail, I imagine." I state. "Wait, what did you have in your fridge?"

"Hmm." Angela mumbles.

"This could be, like, our secret base. This is so cool, isn't it?" Gar questioned.

"Fuck yeah it is!" I throw my hands in the air, groaning a bit because I still ached. The cut along the middle of my boobs and neck not feeling too great.

"Isn't it, Dick?" Rachel looks at Dick.

He frowns and takes a deep sigh.

"What did you do now?" I glare.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I sit inside as everyone else follows Dick to a car that is going to take him who the fuck knows where. I didn't join them because I knew I would bash his head in for leaving me, us, again. My fists clench and a knife appears in my hand. I quickly un-clenched my fingers and put the knife away, confused at how I had it in the first place.

•°•°•°•°•

Not as long, but still good (I hope)

*EDITED*