21.

"This is our first real date," Harry says, putting his chin in his hand and looking at Zain over his glass of water.

"Nah," Zain frowns at him. "We've been out loads."

"Weatherspoons doesn't count," Harry says, rolling his eyes and poking at Zain's hand until Zain gives in and links their fingers. It's not a hardship but it made snacking and drinking a bit harder. "This is not a pub. We're having wine!"

"You're making us have wine because you think it's adult," Zain corrects him.

"Stop contradicting me, Zain," Harry sighs, rolling his eyes.

"But it's so much fun," Zain grins, leaning across the table to peck Harry's lips. "You get pouty."

"And you like me bossy," Harry whispers before leaning back when the waitress arrives with their appetisers. Because Harry had decided they were posh now.

"So," Harry says, kicking his feet against Zain's and catching his ankle between his own. "Gemma's been on my case about Mum's Christmas gift. She wants us to chip in £50 each, I told her we can't afford that but she says we could if we didn't spend all our money on video games and chocolate."

"That's what you spend money on," Zain shrugs, amused.

Harry narrows his eyes. "For you. You spend every evening playing."

"Not every," Zain smirks, waggling his eyebrow.

Harry sighs, rolling his eyes. Doniya's started teasing him about sounding like a long-suffering housewife years ago but Zain can see it now, especially with the disapproving frown on his face.

"Don't flirt with me," he says, running a hand through his hair to mess it up. "We have to figure out how to come up with he money."

"What's Anne getting anyways?" Zain asks, popping an olive into his mouth. Harry sighs again.

"Two nights in that BnB in Cornwall. We've been talking about it since last year," Harry says, taking the piece of bread Zain offers him.

"Right," Zain nods. "You know what?" he adds.

"Hm?" Harry makes, finally distracted by the food.

"We won't be have sex all week," he says slowly, trying to imitate pouting, reaching out to grab Harry's fingers. "We should maybe think about a BnB ourselves."

Harry snorts. "How are you going to explain that to everyone?"

"Don't think we'll have to," Zain grins, poking his tongue out slightly and stealing the last olive from Harry.

"Be serious," Harry grins, his cheeks flushed nicely. "We'll have to come up with the money. Gemma's gonna give us to your birthday at most and then she'll collect your birthday money."

Zain snorts. "Gemma's not the mafia," he reminds him, kind of wishing they were at home instead of in a fancy restaurant so he could hug him properly. Harry was nice to cuddle, and always willing to be hugged and kissed.

"She could be," Harry insists. "She's devious."

Zain shrugs in agreement. Harry does have a point. Gemma and Doniya had somehow always managed to get them in trouble, even when it had been their ideas.

"I think we should sell some stuff, you have so many games you don't play anymore, that'll get us halfway at least."

"I do play them," Zain protests.

"Well, then you make a suggestion," Harry says, leaning back when the waiter comes to clear the table.

"Your grandma always gives you money for Christmas, that'll cover it."

"I need to save that for my guitar," Harry shakes his head.

"Babes," Zain sighs, wishing he could even pretend to be put out. "Why do I have to give up my money."

"Because you're older than me," Harry grins. "And you looooove me," he adds, framing his face with his hands and blinking his eyelashes. It should not make Zain weak in the knees.

"You're annoying," he says. He has to save some of his dignity at least.

"You looooove me," Harry repeats, grinning at the waiter.

"Dig in then," Zain says. "Gemma will break our legs for this."

Harry snorts, rolling his eyes. "I'll tell Gemma on you."

"Nah, you won't" Zain grins back, curling his pasta around his fork. "Because you loooove me."

⭐️

the 21st already can u believe?