Chapter 19: The end?

At the entrance of the citadel, we were greeted by a worried Gwen and Esmeralda who launched herself at me immediately. I had to reassure her multiple times that I was alright before she stopped asking. Leon coughed to get Arthurs attention.

"What's your decision, sire?"

Gwaine stood up, "if you do something harsh I'll never forgive you."

Lancelot and Percival nodded in agreement.

"Relax, I'm not going to do anything to Merlin. It's Merlin after all what could he possibly do to us," Arthur said.

All the knights sighed in relief.

"Can someone please explain what's going on," Gwen asked, confused, "Arthur?"

"Merlin has magic," he explained.

"Merlin's a sorcerer?" She exclaimed.

"A warlock, actually," Ezy stated.

"I was born with magic," I added.

"I always wondered why odd things happened when you were around..." Gwen murmured.

"You finally told them, Merlin?"

A new voice came from behind us. We turned around to see Mordred.

"You knew?" Elyan asked.

"Yes."

"Why don't we all go inside and talk," Ezy suggested.

And we did. We all sat around the round table and had a discussion. They made me tell them all the times I've used magic in Camelot and I told them most of it, keeping a few bits out.

That night I snuck outside to talk to Killgarah. He came out as annoyed as always.

"What do you want, young warlock?" He asked irritably.

"I wanted to tell you that Arthur knows about my magic now," I told him.

"And..."

"He's fine with it," I finished.

"Is that all?" He said bored, "you called me here just to say that?"

"Yep."

"If that king of yours decides to make magic legal please call me otherwise don't waste my time," he ordered.

He was getting on my nerves now.

"Aren't you happy that he didn't decide to execute me? There's no pleasing you," I said harshly.

"Next time only call me if there is an emergency," he hissed and flew away.

I shrugged and went back inside.

I don't mind everyone knowing about my magic. It's a relief to not have to hide it anymore. I know my friends won't look at me any differently than they used to because they're my friends. I should have known Arthur would never execute me, Arthur is not his father he is a better man. Now that I don't have to worry about everyone finding out it's going to be much easier. We can fight Morgana together but right now all I know is that it is just the beginning.

Epilogue

Ezy dragged me into the room, urgently.

"Did you hear?"

"I read the letter myself," I replied.

"You're the only prince of Naeder," she said, abashed.

"I'm not the only prince," I whispered.

"But he's dead," Ezy sputtered.

"We never knew for sure," I said.

"It can't be him," Ezy panicked, "it can't be Ethan!"