Chapter 11: Ealdor

"Ezy, I think you just jinxed it," I shouted out to her.

"Ooops," she whispered.

As the bandits came running closer Lancelot put his hand on the hilt of his sword, about to unsheath it.

"Wait," I signalled him to leave his sword.

He looked at me curiously. I motioned the bandits to come closer because they had stopped confused why we hadn't gotten ready for an attack. As soon as they were a few meters close to us I used a spell and they were flying back unconscious in front of our eyes.

"Wow," Lancelot whispered.

"That's my brother," Esmeralda said proudly.

"It was a simple spell, actually they're not dead, they've just been knocked out. Although, I think I did it a bit too forcefully and might have killed a few," I added.

"Shall we get going?" Ezy asked Lance who was still staring at the bandits astonished.

We reached Ealdor just before the close of day Lancelot decided to look for a tavern to spend the night in. Esmeralda and I walked slowly down the path past all the homes of villagers. Ezy was looking around curiously.

"So you lived here?" She asked.

"For a while."

"How was it living in a village?"

"I thought I had been living here all my life and had never set foot in a castle until mother made me leave when Will found out about my magic. I was sent to Camelot and you know the rest." 

Wills death still hurt me and Ezy could see that so she held my hand in hers and squeezed it reassuringly. I did the same in return. When we reached mothers house I told Ezy to hide so it would be a surprise to mother. I knocked on the door and mother opened it.

"Oh, Merlin! What a surprise. Come in!" She exclaimed.

"I have a surprise for you, mother," I said grinning.

"What is it?"

"It's not 'what' it's who," I stated.

"Alright, who is it?" She said, raising her eyebrows.

I pulled Ezy out from her hiding place. The two women just stared at each other and both had different expressions on their faces. Esmeralda had a smile on her face while mother wore a shocked look. I had an urge to yell 'surprise!' but I kept silent and watched on.

"Hello," Ezy finally said, "miss me?"

Mother laughing and crying pulled her into a hug.

"Of course I did." She then let go of Esmeralda and looked at me giving me a look that meant 'explain'.

Why does she always think I did something?

"I didn't do anything! I swear! Some of Arthur's knights found Ezy in the forests."

"He's telling the truth," Ezy said, backing me up.

"You remember everything?" Mother asked, her face more serious than I had ever seen before.

I nodded.

"How?"

"Gaius showed me," then before I got Gaius into trouble I quickly added, "because Kilgharrah told him to."

Mother mused for a second before inviting us inside.

"Sit down. I'll make some tea for us just like we used to," she said.

We sat down at the small table and waited for the tea. While we waited, Ezy told mother about what happened on the night of the attack.

"Emrys-" mother said, turning to me.

"I still prefer Merlin," I interrupted.

She smiled and carried on "Darling, I think you should tell Arthur who you really are."

"No," I said without hesitation, "I still have to unite Albion and imagine what Arthur would do when he found out he has a prince for a servant."

"Well maybe you could tell him about your magic it's about time you did and it might persuade him to make magic legal. You two have known each other for years, surely he wouldn't execute his best friend?"

"He wouldn't execute his best friend but he would probably banish his lying warlock servant from the kingdom."

Mother let the topic go after that we talked for a while drinking tea until suddenly she said:

"I think it's time you have it, Merlin."

"Have what?" Ezy asked curiously. 

Mother stood up and opened a cupboard pulling out a small golden box she placed on the table in front of us.

"Go on, open it," she told me. 

I slowly took hold of the latch and pulled off the lid. Inside lay a string it was as normal as any other string but the string was not important it was what was strung on it. A seal: The seal of Naeder.

Another chapter as promised. I'm sorry it's short I'll try to make the next chapters longer.