Chapter 17: At the cave

We're back in Merlins POV again.

Meanwhile, at Morgana's cave, I was lying on the ground feeling as though I had been trampled by a hundred horses with Arthur riding them (he eats so much he needs a new belt). Blood was pouring out of my nose, I think my ribs are all broken and most of my body is either wounded, bruised or burning from a spell. Suddenly, I saw six red-caped figures coming through the bushes. It was Elyan, Gwaine, Percival, Lancelot, Leon and Arthur. I let out a sigh of relief. I couldn't lie here any longer and I was getting weaker by the second.

Gwaine saw me first, he ran over and knelt beside me. "Merlin, you look horrible."

"Thanks," I muttered, wincing slightly.

Leon and Percival supported me to a wall of a cave so I could lean on it.

"Where's Morgana?" Arthur asked.

Morgana came into view at the mouth of the cave, "looking for me?"

"You.." The king growled.

"Hello, Arthur. Long time no see," she smirked.

Arthur unsheathed his sword and pointed it at Morgana who was slowly backing up against the cave next to me.

"Merlin," she beamed wickedly, "how did you enjoy my spell?

Lancelot pulled his sword out in my defence.

"You are probably wondering how I knew you were here," Morgana continued, "I put a spell around the area so any sudden movement is detected and I am informed. Of course, Merlin was too weak to move and I predicted that the king of Camelot would come for his servant and now that you are here I can kill you. The spell would be useful in the citadel. Oh, but I forgot you don't allow magic in your kingdom," Morgana added mockingly.

I could tell Morgana was trying to provoke Arthur.

"This is the reason magic is outlawed in Camelot because of people like you!" Arthur spat.

"What do you want, Morgana?" Percival spoke up.

"I want to sit on the throne of Camelot watching wilddeoren shred Arthur apart as the peasant Gwen becomes my slave," She replied coldly.

"Don't you say a word against Guinevere!" Arthur roared, raising Excalibur.

Morgana summoned a sword which flew into her hand, "or what?" She questioned, amusedly. 

Arthur slashed his sword at Morgana but she quickly blocked it. "Arthur, I've always beaten you at every swordfight who says you'll win now?" Morgana twisted her sword making Arthur drop his. "You've only ever cared about yourself today. I will give you what you deserve...Death.

Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Morgana held the sword ready to stab, the knights were all running to save Arthur but I was the closest. Using the last of my strength, I ran in between the sword and Arthur blasting a spell at Morgana, causing her to fly back into the cave. Rocks fell on top of her, covering her up from our sight, Arthur and I both fell due to the force.

Morgana was gone but not before thrusting her sword into my torso. Everyone stood still in astonishment after I revealed my magic, everyone except Lancelot. He dropped to his knees and started applying pressure to the wound. Gwaine was the first to come out of the shock; he joined Lance in helping me. Then, everything went black.