Chapter 24 - The wedding

The alarm clock in Stella's room went off at six in the morning. She could use her phone as an alarm clock, but preferred using an actual clock. She tried using her phone only for texting and calling.

Even though her body was tired from the day before, her head was wide awake. Winston was also eager to start the day and jumped up in her bed. She gave him a big hug and he licked her cheek.

"You and me Winston, you and me. I'm so happy I have you. Tonight we have a new adventure waiting for us."

When Stella came out from the shower she put on her special made maid-of-honor-robe and knocked on her mom's bedroom door. Ed was sleeping at a hotel with his best mens. They didn't want to risk any kind of bad luck by seeing each other the night before the wedding. They were't going to see each other before the actual ceremony.

"Rise and shine," Stella said and opened the door. Diana was already awake sitting on the edge of the bed. She was also wearing her special made robe that had the word "bride" embedded on the back. Her hands were shaking and her eyes were enormous. "Can I come in?" Diana nodded. Stella closed the door behind her and sat down next to her. "Are you okay?"

"Can you believe this is happening," Diana asked with tears in her eyes.

"What do you mean?"

Stella was nervous that her mom was getting cold feet. It had happened before. Usually it was the men that got tired of Diana, but sometimes it was the other way around. Diana loved the action and when she once in a while dated a kind and stable man she got bored after a few weeks.

"All of our dreams are coming true. I can't believe that this is happening. I've finally found a man, a good man, that loves both me and you. He's perfect and he want to marry me. I can't believe it. I should pinch myself but I'm afraid I'm gonna wake up. I truly love him. I'm so nervous somethings gonna happen and ruin all of this, that I'm gonna ruin all of this."

Stella put a calming hand on her mom's shoulder.

"Don't worry, it's all true. Soon you'll be Mrs Dives."

"I know things have been tough for us Stella, especially for you, but now it's changing. You are finally gonna have the life you deserve. I'm sorry I haven't been the mom you deserve. I promise I'll do better."

Stella interrupted her mom's guilty rambling with a hug. No words were needed. With each breath Diana calmed down and finally she stopped shaking. They both had a puddle of tears on their shoulders. They looked at each other, laughed, dried their tears and then walked down to wait for the other bridesmaids.

Even though Diana had barely met some of Ed's daughters, she still chose them as her bridesmaids. It felt strange being surrounded by strangers on such an important day, but Stella was still happy to have them there. She liked all of them, especially Elisabeth and Lyla. They were the ones closest to her in age.

The wedding planner had really done an amazing job. The house and garden looked amazing, just like a midsummer dream and perfect for a wedding. Stella got a stomach ache when she thought about how much everything must have cost, but she tried to repress those thoughts and just enjoy it.

Once again the beach house was full of staff. There was a chef and a bartender to make sure that they all had a good blood sugar level and an alcohol free drink in their hand. There was no risk that anyone would get hangry or thirsty.

When all the bridesmaids had arrived the day started with facials followed by manicure and pedicure. When their faces, hands and feet were as good as new it was time for lunch. It was another beautiful summer day so they sat by the outdoor table on the terrace. The air was full of love and excitement. When Stella looked around the table she could see everyones' eyes shimmering.