after the party-

Timothée's pov
____________________________________

As I get tossed the keys to my car, finding it was the hardest part. I had no idea as to where they had actually parked it. So I could be here for a while. But once again, I was stood talking to this somewhat 'director'. Mia had passed me on the way out. She was ever so slightly in front of me, but I just had a sudden burst of courage to say this:

Me:"George Michael!"

She turned around and fully faced me once more.

Mia:"Hello."

I had to escape from talking to this awkward conversation somehow.

Me:"Sorry. I go to go....I know her. So....do you have your keys?"

Mia:"Yes, why?"

Me:"Can you grab mine?"

Mia:"What?"

Me:"Can you grab my keys?"

Mia:"I can't hear you."

Me:"Can you grab my keys?"

Mia:"Oh."

Me:"Please."

Mia:"Oh, see. There we go....what kind is it?"

Me:"Oh, it's a prias."

I looked through the abundance of keys. Thousands of them were prias's.

Mia:"That doesn't help me."

Me:"With a green ribbon."

Mia:"Oh, right. Got them."

We walked down the road together. At least I had gotten out of there. I love a party just as much as the next person does, but sometimes they can just feel a little spacey.

I look down at her heels.

Me:"Well those look....comfortable."

Mia:"they are."

Me:"Also, thank you for saving the day back there."

Mia:"Well you didn't really give me much of a choice. And it's also really strange that we keep running into each other."

Me:"It is strange. Maybe it means something?"

Mia:"I doubt it."

Me:"Yeah."

Mia:"Where's my car?"

Me:"You've gotta put that thing to your chin."

Mia:"Like This?"

Me:"Yeah. It makes your head an antenna."

Mia:"Really?"

Me:"I think it gives you cancer. But it finds your car faster."

Mia:"What?.....you know, you're a real...."

Me:"Knight in shining armour?"

Mia:"No actually, I was thinking more of a weirdo. That was the word."

I looked out across the distance admiring the view.

Me:"Okay....there's not much to look at is there?"

Mia:"I've seen better."

*her phone starts to buzz away*

I look down to the floor as I'm listening to their conversation.

Mia:"Oh hey Greg....oh shoot. I didn't even realise the time. Yeah, I know I'm later. I'll be back soon."

She places her phone back into her fluorescent patternised bag. She places the key to her neck and a car goes off.

I walk her back to her car, I still haven't found mine yet though. I open the car door for her and let her take her seat inside.

Mia:"Thank you. Hey? Do you need a ride back up to your car?"

Me:"No, I'm okay. I think it's just up here anyways."

Mia:"Goodnight."

Me:"Goodnight."

Her engine starts up and before I knew it, she was gone. As I walk down the road, I finally found my car. Tonight wasn't so bad after all.

*the next day*

As I walked down the road, I felt happier than usual.

As I soon as I entered the coffee shop, chaos was flying about everywhere.

Customer:"Excuse me. Is this gluten free?"

Me:"No."

Customer:"What? Ehh. I'd like a refund."

Me:"Okay."

I smiled with an extremely fake expression.

Me:"Let me check on that for you."

My manager had called me over. Please don't tell me this is about my shifts, otherwise I'm screwed.

Manager:"Timothée?"

Me:"Yeah."

Manager:"Your closing shifts are on Friday."

Me:"I can't. I can't do Friday. I've got an audition."

Manager:"Do I look like I care? I can't reschedule it. Oh, and also, i need to have a little conversation with you tomorrow. And fix your apron please?"

Me:"Okay."

I look back over at the counter to expect the customer. But she was here. I smiled to myself, haply she came to visit me.

Me:"What are you doing here?"

Mia:"Oh, you know? A bunch of recordings and stuff around here. Do you have a break coming up?"

Me:"Yeah I finish in ten minutes. Just wait over there and I'll be round to you in a minute."

The customer I was serving before looked rather angry now. She had been stood there that whole time, still waiting to see if I could give her the refund.

Me:"I actually do have to check. I'm sorry."

Her face was now angrier than before. One of these days, I'm gonna quit this job. Hopefully someday soon.