the night we met-

Mia's pov
____________________________________

*at work in the club*

Manager:"Mia. Keep it off the script tonight, would you?"

Me:"Yes I will, even though nobody really cares what I play."

Manager:"We're just glad to have you back."

Me:"Happy to be here."

Manager:"Well, I do, so just keep to the script. Otherwise you're gone. I don't want a repeat of the last time."

Me:"How about two for me, two for you?"

There was no answer.

Me:"two for you and one for me."

As he butt's in I can almost imagine what he's gonna say.

Manager:"How about all for me and none for you."

Me:"Okay."

Manager:"Also, you might wanna start the tips off, there aren't as many in tonight."

Me:"Okay, Thank you sir."

I pull out a ten dollar bill, just to start me off. I didn't want to be too stingy with my money. Considering how many eviction notices I have lying about my apartment.

As I always did at this time a year, everything I played from that month onwards was christmas music. I couldn't understand as to why people enjoyed christmas so much. It was just an unhappy time of the year for me.

I played:

jingle bells,
Then rudolph the red nose reindeer,
Then Holly jolly Christmas,
Then last Christmas.
I couldn't do this anymore. The tips were small and I did what any smart person would do. I blended the last song played into my own.

No one noticed that anything different was being played anyways, so why not?

Maybe it would gets someone's attention. But then again it's very unlikely.

I felt myself melting into the rhythm. Every note expressing my music interests individually.

As the song finished, I stood up. But no one realised. No one noticed. Except for one person. He stood across the room, almost familiar. Our eyes locked for a split second, but then our eye contact broke.

Manager:"Mia."

Oh god, I was in for it now. The manager gestured for me to go and talk to him.

Manager:"You didn't follow the playlist."

Me:"I hear what you're saying, but are you genuinely meaning what you say?"

Manager:"Can't you hear what I'm saying? You're fired."

The man, still stood in his once positioned area, looked to the floor.

I grabbed my sheet music and tips and started to head out.

Timothée:"I just heard you play and I wanted to say-"

I was to besides oneself to answer. I know it was kind of rude, but I'd just lost a job. Probably the last I'll ever have.

*the next day*

Timothée's pov
____________________________________

*As a doctor*

Me:"I don't like the Fisher on the GT scan. Did you check for chromatopsia?"

*As a police man*

Me:"There's a guy down here laughing his face off. I need backup."

*As a teacher*

Me:"This is my classroom! If you don't like that, the door is to my left....no jamal, you be tripping"

I can't with these acting jobs anymore. Each and every script I'm given, is always something outside my comfort zone. Or just so happens to be the most dumbest thing I've ever read.

*a couple weeks later at a social gathering*

Mia's pov
____________________________________

Winter turned to spring and I'd never felt so limited. Before I even got here I knew thhis gathering was about to be something I regret.

I wore a yellow summer dress and my short, natural, brown curls were let down.

I wasn't sure as to what we were aiming for music wise. But my outfit was asked to be specific, so I did so. My yellow dress was then cover by an electric red jacket. The host wanted us to somewhat grasp the 80s styled music- therefore I was on keyboard on guitar playing take on me by a-ha.

There were so many other choices song wise but this just so happened to be the set playlist. This is like torture.

God save my soul.