just another day-

Timothée's pov
____________________________________

I unlocked my apartment door and christmas decorations were everywhere. I tossed my keys on the counter and opened my bedroom door. I dove on my bed with no intention of ever getting back up again.

But I needed to clean myself off from the coffee spillage earlier.

So I grabbed my towel from the tumble dryer and jumped in the shower. Who knows when the others will be back?

Once I'd finished cleaning myself up, I wrapped my towel around my hips and wiped the mirror clean. A sudden noise approached the apartment.

Who else other than will, bursting through the door without the slightest thought that I might be in there.

Will:"Holy crap. Do you wanna open a window in here?"

Me:"I was trying to give you an entrance."

As I turned around the corner there was jake.

Jake:"Hey, Tim. How was the audition?"

Me:"Ehhh."

Another one of my roommates (chris) walked into the bathroom as I left.

Chris:"Why is there a gathering in the bathroom?"

They all sat there adjusting their clothes and slicking back their hair. Me on the other hand, not so much.

Chris:"2 minutes people. Tim? You're coming right?"

Me:"I can't. I'm working."

At this point any excuse was good enough.

All of them:"What?!"

Jake:"Did he seriously just say he's working?"

I entered my room slipping anything I could find in my wardrobe. I needed to take a lot of it down to the dry cleaners anyways.

Jake came banging on my door. Not like I was already in a bad mood.

Jake:"Look. I'm really sorry your audition didn't go the way you wanted it to, but you are coming! Whether you like it or not."

Will:"Come on Tim? It'll be fun. Besides, you haven't left the house unless it's for work or auditions. Now get your ass over here and get ready!"

Me:"Its not gonna be fun. Its gonna end the same way it always does."

Chris:"How?"

Me:"You guys end up black out drunk, and then go home early, forgetting to even tell me you've left. Like always."

Jake:"pfft. We do not."

Me:"Its just going to be a bunch of social climbers. With those massive glass houses."

Jake:"Ah-Ha. Does this look familiar?"

He pulled out his tux I happened to borrow for one of my auditions a couple weeks back.

Me:"Hey, I was gonna give that back."

Jake:"Just put it on."

Will:"Come on, this party is about to be humanities finest."

Me:"I think I'll just stay behind."

Chris:"Well don't blame us when we're having fun and you're all cramped up in the apartment, lonely once more."

They had left, off to find some rules to break once more.

As I lay back on my bed, all I could think about is what my life had turned into. Working a job I hated, to pay off my bills.
Even though I still owe multiple hours due to auditions throughout my working shift.

Me:"You know what? Screw it."

I change my clothes and threw on the tux.

I rushed down the stairs, I had to try and catch them before the had got in the car.

I exited the buildings main house. They had only just got out the door by the time I caught up with them.

Chris:"Omg you're actually coming?"

Me:"I can't keep throwing away my life over a job I'm clearly never getting. Shall we take my car?"

Will:"Yeah sure."

*at the party*

As we walked through the main doors, I thought, you know, maybe it might be fun.

I had chatted away practically all night. Sometimes with absolute strangers, I can't even remember the last time I saw any of my roommates.

Multiple girls swooped in on me but I tried my best to avoid them. Not because I didn't want to talk to them or because I was ignorant, it's just because of past experiences, the night after a party like this never goes well. Especially when you wake up next to someone you can't even remember the name of.

I stayed a couple hours, I didn't stay for the whole thing, but my roommates had already left. Again! I hope they didn't take my car.

Once again, the car was gone. The parking lot was empty. They must have taken the keys when I took off my jacket.

Walking in the dark had me realising, this was the prettiest time to see Hollywood. The lights beaming in the distance. The Hollywood sign reflecting off the moons beam and the view always pure. I'd never seen such beauty.

As I walked down the road, I passed multiple take outs and bars. I passed one bar and the most elegant piece of music was being played. It called out to me like and luring hymn.

I became curious, so I decided to go in. I stood still, glancing at the pianist. Her hands were so graceful, gliding up and down the nodules of the piano. No one else paid any attention to her. No one else but me.

I just stood frozen for a moment. Taking in every note. Each one more elegant and graceful.