'Too many burns..'

Adoption AU and Enderman hybrid!Dream (Enderman/Human mix)

TW: mentions of scars, forcibly hurting a hybrid, mentions of being abandoned, running away, angst

Little!Dream CG!Ranboo

Adoption never worked out well for hybrids. With most, once you were in an adoption center you were there until your 18 and just kicked out into the harsh world with nothing more than the clothes on your back.

That was Ranboo's case, even if he didn't what to leave. Now under most circumstances he would've loved to, but there was one person he didn't mind there.

He was 18 when he got out, and went to live with his platonic husband Tubbo. He didn't have much trouble, either.

Dream was a bit younger, being 16 at the time Ranboo got out.

It was torture, Ranboo had kept him as safe as possible and had been there for the boy. It was scary with him gone.

The workers didn't care at all, they hated hybrids. And it was obvious.

"Well, no enderboy to protect you now huh, Halfie?" a kid taunted, staring Dream down.

He was partially enderman, and it showed. He was taller than the average kid, a bit shorter than the average 16 year old enderman, two small horns coming out of his head, a small tail always wrapped around his legs in fear and there were splotches of black on his skin, which couldn't handle water well.

And the other kids knew it.

"P-Please.." he muttered out, trying to back up, just bumping into a kid trapping him there.

The kids laughed, the main one setting down a bucket of water. He grabbed Dream's hair roughly. "You're so pathetic. Can't even handle a little water."

Dream tried desperately to get out of his grip, mumbling out desperate pleas as he tried to get away.

Before he could his head was dunked into the water, a burning feeling overcoming him as he struggled more.

They finally pulled his head up, letting the boy gasp for breath and cough, tears running down his face, which just hurt oh so much more.

The kid laughed. "Wow, you're such a baby. Crying over a little water." he taunted.

He let go of Dream's hair, grabbing his wrists roughly.

Dream tried to break away from him. "S-Stop! P-Please!" he choked out between sobs, oh so scared.

They didn't listen, forcefully dunking his hands under the water and holding them there.

Dream's screams could be heard through the surrounding forest.

Finally they were forced to go back to their rooms, Dream bolting as soon as he could, locking the room door.

Everything hurt and burned. He grabbed the cheap and thin blanket, drying himself off. It left purple scars all over, and it hurt.

He didn't have many clothes, but he did have a set of clothes he saved from his only ever home and a comfort object.

He was a little, it was the only way he could cope. He didn't have much for it, a plush his only home got him.

He threw on the hoodie and sweatpants, hooding the plush close. It was a small dog plush, and he cherished it dearly.

He had enough, he wanted to leave. It wasn't unknown many kids ran away from the place, mostly hybrids.