Chapter 27

It's one of the few times the team is having dinner together. You're all a little dressed up. Natasha whistles when you walk out in a simple green spaghetti dress. "You think he'll like it?"

"Definitely." 

She assures. They all begin taking their seats around the table. Your mouth waters at the layout.

"It's times like this I'm glad you're rich Tony." He bows. "You're welcome." Laughter fills the room. You're back is to the door, so you don't really hear when he walks in.

"(Y/N).."

He pauses in the doorway, and you turn with a smile. "Hey frostie." He's still admiring your outfit.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you, not too bad yourself." you gesture to the suit. Knowing Loki he conjured that with his magic. Loki still appears a bit entranced with your dress. You guessed you nailed it with the color.

"It's like she's trying to tempt me, I am a man after all." Your brows knit.

"What?" you ask.

Loki blinks.

"What?" He replies to your question.

That time you're sure you didn't imagine it. His lips weren't moving but you heard something.

"Quit flirting, I'm hungry!" Tony calls. So you turn, fidgeting a little as you find a seat. Loki follows, watching you closely. He takes a seat right next to you, and everyone starts falling into easy conversation as the food is being passed around.

You eat silently, it's so lively that no one really notices your silence. No one but Loki that is.

Your eyes move to Tony. What's the harm in giving it another try? "Worth a shot." You do your best to focus for a solid minute. But nothing happens. Not a peep.

"You're breathtaking in that dress." You aren't sure why, but you turn to Loki. He's already watching you, and you look down bashfully.

"Shit!"

So the telepathy was on point, except it wasn't extended to everyone. Just Loki.

"Great."

"Any new crazy abilities we should know about (Y/N)." It takes you a moment to realize they are all looking at you.

"Oh! N-Nope. Not that I know of at least. You'll be the first to know Tony." He shakes his head with a laugh. "A heads up would be great." You guess he didn't want any more surprises.

"I'm gonna get some more breadsticks."

"Grab some for me!" Sam and Bucky yell. You giggle.

"Sure thing. " You don't actually need breadsticks, maybe a glass of water. Walking into the kitchen, you find a plate, gathering the bread. You also fill a cup of water, taking a sip. With a heavy sigh, you place the glass down, lowering your head.

"You really shouldn't leave yourself so exposed, I may just jump you." you spin around.

"L-Loki!"

His eyes narrow. "You heard that, didn't you?"

"H-Heard what?" you laugh nervously. "W-We should get back to the party before they get any ideas."

He doesn't allow you a chance at escape. His hands press against the counter, and you back up.

"You can hear my thoughts." you swallow. You were hoping he wouldn't figure it out.

"I-I'm sorry I wanted to tell you. I-It's just started happening. I thought it was universal so I tried doing Tony but it only seems to work on you. "

"Could it be a reaction to me being inside your head? " He doesn't look upset in the slightest.

"You're not mad?" For you it feels like an invasion of privacy, so you would understand if he was just a little annoyed.

"I'm not. This obviously isn't something you have full control of. I can't say I'm ecstatic that you're now in tuned to all my thoughts." You figure as much.

"Does it work both ways?" he inquires.

That's a good question.

You close your eyes for a second.

"Can you hear me Loki?"

Your eyes open, and he nods.

"I can."

He's a bit more reassured now that he isn't the only one who's thoughts are vulnerable for viewing.

There's a playful grin that rises on your face, and Loki narrows his eyes. "How long have you wanted to jump me?" You snicker and Loki rolls his eyes.

"Be quiet, mortal." You know he's a little embarrassed that he let that slip. He steps back and you take up the plate, moving back to everyone else.

"For now we should just keep this between us. It might not even be permanent. " You nod. "Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing. I think this team has been through enough of my mind mojo for a while." when you enter the dining room Sam grins.

"You guys took your sweet time."

"Oh hush before I eat your share." He zips his lips. Once the breadsticks are on the table, you take your seat.

The dinner is filled with funny stories and light banter. Loki's hand gravitates to your lap, and you send him a smile before you tune back into the conversation. It isn't until his palm slides down that you begin to tense.

"L-Loki, what are you doing!" The table is big enough, so it's doubtful that any of them will see what's going on under.

"Surely you didn't think I'd let your little secret slide without punishment. You've been able to hear me since this morning. I think it's only fair to even the score."

"B-But we're at dinner what if they-" you bite your lip when he massages your thigh.

"As long as you're quiet no one will know."

This is torture. How does he expect you to stay quiet during this?

"You picked that dress because you knew what it would do to me, isn't that right?"

You lick your lips. Of course you did. You hoped that he wouldn't be able to take his eyes off you.

"Yeah.."

The echo of his chuckle rings in your head.

"Naughty girl."

You so desperately want to moan, but you have to settle for a soft whine under your breath.

The closer his hand gets, the more you feel like you'll explode. Your hand is clenching the fork tightly, and you're praying that they don't make out how staggered your breathing has become. His hand finally lands where you need it most and you gasp. You cover it with a cough, and Tony laughs.

"You okay over there?"

"Y-Yeah. S-Sorry the chicken is a bit spicy. " You pick up your wine, downing it quickly.

"Whoo, someone's ready for a party. Cheers!" He lifts his glass, and so does everyone else.

Loki is grinning devilishly from his spot. His hand retracts slowly, purposely brushing your skin. You press both thighs together, because now that he's gotten you all hot and bothered, you know you won't be able to deal with it until after dinner.

"Damn you."

He's satisfied.